Hi folks,

Long time lurker, first time poster.

I've dug around a bit but can't seem to find anybody else with the same issue, though I'm hopeful there is at least one...

I'm trying to send to Print to Go and after I log in, I get the following error:

"An error occured. Log in using your Blackberry ID and restart your BlackBerry Playbook tablet"

Driver version 1.0.143.0 (Error Code 407)

I've rebooted, reinstalled the app etc. I'm definitely using the correct BB ID and password.

Thoughts and thanks in advance!
    moderations likes this.
    03-05-12 10:55 AM
    Did you disable your antivirus and re-install?
    Loryka likes this.
    03-05-12 11:02 AM
    Just tried that, no difference.

Is that a documented solution to this issue or a hunch? Good hunch either way because we run Sophos and it does wreak havoc on things it deems 'unfriendly'.

EDIT: Worth noting that we have other PB users on the network who are using P2G without issue.
    03-05-12 11:25 AM
    Depends on what you mean by "documented". But, AVG has been identified as the source of this issue.

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-enemy-702664/

Can't say for sure if Sophos is the culprit.
    sybrandyp likes this.
    03-05-12 11:28 AM
    Depends on what you mean by "documented". But, AVG has been identified as the source of this issue.

That link does not relate to the original problem above. The link you point to resolves a problem with it hanging once the blackberry id is entered. The problem in this post is an error code that comes up at the very end - after logging in to blackberry id succesfully as well as adding the tablet id information.

I get the same error as well on one of my user's computers - we don't use AVG on the Corporate network and if I print a document from my W7 machine using her blackberry ID and tablet information it works fine. The only error is on her XP machine. I have re-installed and next to try is on a secondary XP machine.
    03-12-12 05:47 PM
    I've never gotten around to to work....so I just gave up on it. I get the exact same error code. I've tried it on a laptop and desktop both running vista....neither worked
    03-12-12 06:07 PM
    Here is my workaround:
    Install cute pdf Writer (a free virtual pdf printer which converts any printable document to a pdf file). Perform this on each PC you wish to print to the playbook from.... you can even rename it Print To Go.
    Map a network drive to the playbook shared media folder on each PC.
    If a username and password is requested when trying to connect to the playbook shared folder, the username is: playbook by default and the password is the file sharing password you set in Security and Sharing area when you turned on file sharing.
    That's it.
    When you print to your new Cute PDF Printer, it will prompt where to save the file. Navigate to the playbooks mapped drive folder "print" folder (example: z:/media/print ). This is the folder the playbook stores it's Print To Go files in. The next time you use the Cute PDF Printer it will remember this location. Print to go app will find any pdf file placed in this folder.
    A near perfect work around.
    03-18-12 02:32 AM
    Fantastic workaround! Thanks a million.

I've been having the issue where setup is fine and PtoG even shows the document has been printed and sent but vanishes between my computer and the Playbook. Several people apparently have this issue but there seems to be no solution.

Thanks again.
    03-18-12 03:10 AM
    Thanks goodegg! I was so bummed that my files would be sent but never make it to the PlayBook. This solves the problem for me!
    03-18-12 12:14 PM
    Here is my workaround:
    Install cute pdf Writer (a free virtual pdf printer which converts any printable document to a pdf file). Perform this on each PC you wish to print to the playbook from.... you can even rename it Print To Go.
    Map a network drive to the playbook shared media folder on each PC.
    If a username and password is requested when trying to connect to the playbook shared folder, the username is: playbook by default and the password is the file sharing password you set in Security and Sharing area when you turned on file sharing.
    That's it.
    When you print to your new Cute PDF Printer, it will prompt where to save the file. Navigate to the playbooks mapped drive folder "print" folder (example: z:/media/print ). This is the folder the playbook stores it's Print To Go files in. The next time you use the Cute PDF Printer it will remember this location. Print to go app will find any pdf file placed in this folder.
    A near perfect work around.
    This was a great work around for someone who the other workaround does not work for. Great work!
    03-30-12 10:47 AM

This was my issue!
    03-30-12 10:49 AM
    Disabling AVG worked for me. Thanks.
    03-30-12 11:07 AM
    What an excellent work around! I so glad I found this thread! Kudos!
    06-12-12 11:46 PM
    I found that after installing PTG driver with AVG disabled you need to enter the encryption key on the PC and then enable AVG otherwise BB ID indicates login time out
    07-27-12 05:24 AM
    Anti virus software. Curing the disease by killing the patient
    07-27-12 05:34 PM
    Dear PlayBookers. I've also downloaded the OS 2 Print to Go driver onto my Windows 7 laptop & logged into BlackBerry ID as instructed. I paired the devices. When I "Print to Go" my document, a little red dot appears on the tablet App...but, there's no file inside. Nothing CAN ANYONE HELP?
    11-20-12 05:00 AM
    Dear PlayBookers. I've also downloaded the OS 2 Print to Go driver onto my Windows 7 laptop & logged into BlackBerry ID as instructed. I paired the devices. When I "Print to Go" my document, a little red dot appears on the tablet App...but, there's no file inside. Nothing CAN ANYONE HELP?
    That is odd. Using either wifi-sharing or usb cable, look in the Print Folder on the pb and see if anything is there. That is where the files get saved. Have you tried Print-to-go from another computer?
    11-20-12 08:49 AM
    As discussed in other posts, some of us have experienced a similar problem in a corporate domain environment. Yet on the same computer in a "clean user" (no domain), it worked fine. In the domain case, PTG immediately generated a printer error, and never got as far as asking for the ID. The Microsoft Tech Forum pushed it to RIM. RIM was diligent in following up, but couldn't come up with a solution, primarily because they couldn't duplicate the problem. My IT support believes it's related to a number of issues where Microsoft and BB applications simply don't "talk to each other" due to different security philosophies. There is a similar issue right now with VPN access on the PB. But the CutePDF Writer is a great workaround for PTG.
    11-20-12 12:33 PM
    In several cases the problem was that the file was sent to the print Spooler on the computer. The Print Spooler would have to be disabled on the computer while the PTG utility was installed on the computer. Once successfully installed the Print Spooler could be reactivated.
    11-20-12 01:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD