Hello,

I have followed all steps provided by to downgrading playbook from .6149 to .4869. I have the correct software, the correct cable, and the only instructions on the net. No matter when I replace the file whether it be right after it finishes downloading or wait till the download goes further I always get:

"An error has occurred while downloading software for your device. Please verify your Internet connection or try again later, if the problem persists."

right around 39-57 modules downloaded. This is getting frustrating!! Any help will be much appreciated. I have used two different computers to no avail... I appoligize in advance to the senior guys for me posting a new thread on my first post.
    01-03-12 07:22 PM
    G... Thanks...
    01-04-12 05:37 PM
    You're trying to downgrade the beta OS to an older beta OS?
    01-04-12 05:40 PM
    Yes. I am trying to downgrade from .6149 to .4869. I follow the instructions to the T. and always get that error... I have tried on multiple computers.
    01-04-12 05:46 PM
    Sorry I'm not familiar with that. You should PM a mod to move this in the rooting section or something. Might get more help in there.
    alopez1334 likes this.
    01-04-12 05:55 PM
    Hi, I am Having exactly the same Problem. Did you get any Solution ? I have tried completely erasing the Playbook and starting again. I have tried internet connection at my home, at my work, but still the same error.

Hello,

I have followed all steps provided by to downgrading playbook from .6149 to .4869. I have the correct software, the correct cable, and the only instructions on the net. No matter when I replace the file whether it be right after it finishes downloading or wait till the download goes further I always get:

"An error has occurred while downloading software for your device. Please verify your Internet connection or try again later, if the problem persists."

right around 39-57 modules downloaded. This is getting frustrating!! Any help will be much appreciated. I have used two different computers to no avail... I appoligize in advance to the senior guys for me posting a new thread on my first post.
    01-11-12 01:48 AM
    halo,
    previously I've tried 3 times always failed (error occurred....) , finally can downgrade to 2.0.04869 by using the desktop manager 7 from : Blackberry Desktop 7.zip
    Last edited by sururi; 01-13-12 at 09:50 PM. Reason: wrong
    01-13-12 09:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD