I have a scanned pdf file. today, I converted it to .docx using online file converter. Now, neither Docs to go, nor Smart office 2 can open that converted docx file.. It says, "file is corrupt''. While my PC and Samsung Galaxy tab can open the file just fine. Is there any other app to try before giving up on this...?? I really want playbook to work...
    01-19-13 07:07 AM
    Why do you need to convert the PDF to .docx format? Are you editing the document? No, then use either Adobe Reader or the third-party application Pdf Reader.
    01-19-13 07:37 AM
    Why do you need to convert the PDF to .docx format? Are you editing the document? No, then use either Adobe Reader or the third-party application Pdf Reader.
    to be frank, that is a naive question.. Of course, I needed that pdf file in word format. that is why I converted it..
    01-19-13 07:43 AM
    I take it you are doing this because you want to edit the file on the playbook? If you just want to read, pdf reader or qpdf viewer will open the original pdf file, or you could print to print to go.

Have you also tried converting to .doc instead of .docx, maybe it'll work with the older format.
    Scotter75 likes this.
    01-19-13 07:49 AM
    Maybe try scanning and converting it again? There could have been a problem during the process that for some reason the PB can't overcome but your other devices can.
    01-19-13 07:58 AM
    I had read quite awhile ago about some similar issues with opening files - although from what I can recall that was an issue with a file saved in smartoffice not opening in docs to go.

Anyway - have you tried resaving the file on your pc under a different name and then try this 'new' file on the pb?
    01-19-13 09:46 AM
    There are probably different conversion programs that create various DOCX formats. MS never stops evolving the format.
    mpetrol likes this.
    01-19-13 10:26 AM
    Save the docx file as a doc file and see if that helps.
    01-19-13 03:50 PM
    Lost my Doc To Go. on my 9810, went to reinstall and said I had to pay for it.

After some research, found out BB 7 it says suppose to have Doc to go preinstalled. I can't find it in the app store.

Says I have Bundle 1355 (v7.0.0261
    Platform 5.0.0469
    Smartphone 7.0

Don't understand why it dont work for free

HELP
    01-26-13 12:01 PM
    Just a thought! Try converting to. doc instead of .docx?
    01-26-13 12:23 PM
    Thanks for all the help and suggestions... I did convert it into .doc and .docx format separately. None of them work. While, both work just fine on an android tab. Wondering why..! But i've given up on this and use galaxy tab instead for opening the file which playbook can't open.
    01-26-13 12:36 PM
    PlayBook's Docs to Go it is not a competitive program on its own field category compare with those available in other OS including their third party Apps... and I hope BB10 will change that...
    01-26-13 01:28 PM
    PlayBook's Docs to Go it is not a competitive program on its own field category compare with those available in other OS including their third party Apps... and I hope BB10 will change that...
    _______

Well, then, how about Files and Folders? Seems like a lot of people like it.
    01-26-13 03:20 PM
    I believe .docx is an Excel program whereas .doc is a Word program. Not sure if that has solved your problem, adadadad
    01-26-13 03:21 PM
    I believe .docx is an Excel program whereas .doc is a Word program. Not sure if that has solved your problem, adadadad
    Nope. .docx is Office 2010 Word version of the file. Excel are .xls or .xlsx.
    01-26-13 08:38 PM
    no it hasn't.. As i said, i use an android tab instead...
    01-27-13 01:41 AM
    Found it, got it fixed, Thank You all for all your help.
    01-27-13 07:08 AM
    to be frank, that is a naive question.. Of course, I needed that pdf file in word format. that is why I converted it..
    I verified the functionality of this free online PDF to RTF converter - PDF to Word Online Converter
    01-27-13 09:24 AM
    Found it, got it fixed, Thank You all for all your help.
    what did you find? Let us know...
    PestPro#IM likes this.
    01-27-13 09:49 AM
    what did you find? Let us know...
    Doc to Go was hidden someplace. I just did a search for doc to go, found it moved to the home screen.

Guess I should have done that before I put up the post

But Thank You all anyway for all your help and suggestions.
    01-28-13 07:11 AM
    Doc to Go was hidden someplace. I just did a search for doc to go, found it moved to the home screen.

Guess I should have done that before I put up the post

But Thank You all anyway for all your help and suggestions.
    Oh! Sorry..! I didn't read your post earlier... So glad to know that you found Docs to go app... To be honest, you should thank others, not me . For, i didn't help you in any way.. Did i?? Anyway, i'm happy that you got the solution.
    01-28-13 07:16 AM