Well after suffering the many many flaws the playbook was endowed with out of the box, I held on to the much speculated upgrade to 2.1.

And wait I did, during which time I watched the price I paid be slashed in half, but wait I continued. With little but the OBSCENELY overpriced app store and a world of half baked half functional android apps, I waited still.

Then it came, and yes it was good, it was almost as though it had been worth the wait (let alone the p***taking prices). Finally I could use the thing for its intended purpose but wait...

What's this? Another update? Thanks...

WHY?!? IN THE NAME OF EVERYTHING CLAIMED HOLY WOULD YOU RELEASE AN UPDATE THAT CRIPPLES THE DEVICES BROWSER BACK TO PRE 2.0 STANDARDS?!?

And yes, I've wiped, reset, prayed and now finally given up.

PlayBook 64gb for sale. I shall never buy another RIM product.

I said the same of Nokia and my awful n97 experience, now nobody I know uses a Nokia phone.
    madman0141 and mikejones2509 like this.
    10-28-12 05:30 AM
    no problem, just send it to me, I can use a 64gb version
    10-28-12 05:40 AM
    Hi, how much do you want for your playbook?? because I really nedd one. please let me know, send me a private thanks. and have a great day.
    10-28-12 12:05 PM
    Feel your pain OP I upgraded now my camera gives a. 4003 error and 4 wipes later nothing. If this update is what RIM deems an improvement than I figured out why apple is kicking RIM's azz.
    10-28-12 01:04 PM
    Yes I understand you and I am willing to take it. Since you deem it worthless I am even going to offer to allow you to pay for shipping it to me. Please send me a message ASAP so we can make this happen.
    10-28-12 01:42 PM
    Huh, that's weird. My browser isn't crippled at all. Sorry to hear you're done with your pb but it looks like you already have a few takers so good luck!
    10-28-12 03:56 PM
    I learned my lesson..no more updates. RIM is the new mickey Mouse Club....nothing but problem after problem.
    10-28-12 04:05 PM
    Since the latest update my Playbook browser has been slow and crashes often. Sometimes it just goes grey and the address bar goes missing. I have had to reboot numerous times due to unresponsiveness of the tablet after a browser crash. I've had the tablet since April 2011. No need to post smartass comments, I'm unlikely to look at this thread again since the forum members seem to have no valuable information to bring forward. Was going to get BB10 as soon as it was released now having second thoughts due to the similarity of the devices.
    11-06-12 08:59 PM
    OK since you're not coming back I won't bother.
    11-06-12 09:30 PM
    Did he say smartass?
    11-07-12 12:33 AM
    I spent most of yesterday using my pb browser intensively. it crashed no less than 14 times, usually with a maximum of 2 tabs open, occasionally more, but often with only one. the only advice I can give, and it's more than anyone else has yet in this thread, is to switch on private browsing as that seems to reduce the frequency of these crashes. however, it's not a solution, especially for a browser and web experience often advertised as full, complete, unhindered and so on.
    11-07-12 02:29 AM
    I use the browser constantly.. In fact its my stand alone source for internet access when at home and i frequently have 6 tabs running simultaneously.

I have travelled across europe experiencing zero issues also. Its a great device imo.

Don't really get where these disgruntled posts crop up from maybe you guys should rma or sell to the slew of happy users lining up to purchased your now pre owned wares that seem to be the bane of your existence.
    backfire101 likes this.
    11-07-12 03:17 AM
    brilliant advice,thanks
    11-07-12 09:39 AM
    I forget who started the last list of sites that caused implosions but maybe it's time to create another list that can be compiled and forwarded on to Rim. Although, frankly, with emphasis on bb10 for both phones and pb, I don't see Rim really addressing the why's and wherefore's of these problems. But, disgruntled users is not good for word of mouth. Clearly, using a Browser should not create challenges and you really can't blame users for visiting their favorite sites and watching the Browser die!
    kbz1960 likes this.
    11-07-12 09:44 AM