Dear all
    I am in the UK, my BB9900 is on Orange and my broadband is Virgin Media, usually in excess of 4Meg speed. My PB has OS2 and have issues with buffering, lag on BBC Iplayer, Itv Player etc. It plays for a bit then stops or has to buffer. My BB9900 and the wifes IPHONE, (sorry) are also on the Wi Fi connection so not sure if this contributes.

Any suggestions on how to stop problems with programmes playing on the PB would be greatly appreciated.

I have tried restarting the PlayBook and re-setting the router but this does not help.

Regards

Ben

Ps Email me at [email protected]
    03-10-12 12:54 PM
    have you tried it at different times? because the servers can get real busy and lag up at peak times, (usually the hour or so after eastenders aired)
    03-10-12 01:02 PM
    have you tried it at different times? because the servers can get real busy and lag up at peak times, (usually the hour or so after eastenders aired)

Yes, all different times and it still does it. Just registered for 90 day support so mailed them as well, will post response here as and when.
    03-10-12 01:14 PM
    I find its hit and miss and does not depend on the time I am trying to use it.
    I have a 15 meg connection and still have buffering problems not matter what I do.

To be honest I think it's the playbook as it is solid on the pc.
    03-16-12 07:46 AM
    I watched Top gear last night with no issues, however now and again the player does buffer. I'm on 50Mb virginmedia using their super hub which has a reputation for falling out of the tree sometimes, my laptop does the same.
    03-16-12 08:19 AM
    Dear all
    I am in the UK, my BB9900 is on Orange and my broadband is Virgin Media, usually in excess of 4Meg speed. My PB has OS2 and have issues with buffering, lag on BBC Iplayer, Itv Player etc. It plays for a bit then stops or has to buffer. My BB9900 and the wifes IPHONE, (sorry) are also on the Wi Fi connection so not sure if this contributes.

Any suggestions on how to stop problems with programmes playing on the PB would be greatly appreciated.

I have tried restarting the PlayBook and re-setting the router but this does not help.

Regards

Ben

Ps Email me at [email protected]
    I had a similar problem for ages, but I think I am finally passed it now. A Virgin Media rep got me to make some changes to the Super Hub settings which seem to do the trick. I am work at the moment so will drop back with exact details later on in the evening or tomorrow morning.

Btw I am on the 30meg VM broadband service and have an unlocked 9900 on T-mobile UK.
    03-16-12 10:01 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD