Well, my problem has been going on for a while and it's really pissing me off. I haven't seen anyone else with this problem before, so I think it's something I'm doing wrong, even though it has worked in the past.

Anyways, what has been happening is that whenever I try to access the files on my playbook from my PC, I can get in and view all my files and everything, but whenever I try to copy, play, or otherwise open a file (also previewing .jpg, .gif, etc), it boots both my laptop and my playbook off the wireless network and gives me an error message about the drive location no longer being available. I can't put files on or take files off of my playbook from my laptop computer over WiFi at all.

I've checked and rechecked my workgroup settings and file sharing settings, and WiFi settings on my laptop, PB, AND my router, reset everything multiple times, and even reinstalled my BB desktop software and drivers but still no dice. Would wiping my PB be prudent, or is it just time to get a new WiFi router?
    Last edited by bacon.jay; 02-18-12 at 07:48 PM.
    02-18-12 07:45 PM
    Are you using Windoze explorer or are you trying to use BB DM? Have you upgraded DM manager since the last time it worked?
    02-18-12 08:18 PM
    I would vote for new router.
    02-18-12 09:26 PM
    See if there's a firmware update for the router.
    02-18-12 09:48 PM
    Router firmware is up to date, and I had been using the "Run" command and PB IP address to access the PB from my laptop. That's what won't work anymore. It opens all my folders like it is supposed to but if i try to open or copy/paste anything either way it kicks me off.
    02-19-12 01:54 AM
    Have you upgraded DM manager since the last time it worked?
    No, I don't believe so.
    02-19-12 01:56 AM
    Some kind of change to the fire wall or sharing permissions? So you can navigate the pb's folders but if you try to act on something it dumps you? I really don't know much about the workings of "network security"
    02-19-12 10:11 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD