Hi everyone, new guy to the forums here, really like this site, if you can't find it here,
    you probably won't. So here's my problem: I transfer small video to my playbook from my pc via DM and when I hit sync it removes a couple,three vids from the playbook and then proceeds to sync what i checked in DM. Happens every time, before and after 2.0.
    It acts as though there's maybe a certain amount of space allotted in the videos folder.
    DM say I have 8 gigs remaining after sync on the machine and I've searched all over
    and can't find any mention of this anywhere, any help would be greatly appreciated,
    thanks. Hope you all are having a great day.
    02-22-12 11:51 AM
    Try a manual copy.
    If your PB is linked via USB, you should have a drive named "Z: (media)" (usually) on your desktop.
    Inside there's a folder named ... video. Give it a try with one file first.
    02-22-12 11:53 AM
    I just manually copy videos, music, etc. to the appropriate folders.
    02-22-12 11:54 AM
    I have never found symc works terribly well... why rim choose to copy an itumes feature is beyond me.... most Apple folds I talk to hate the sync feature.... As SuperFly_FR posted simply copy to the PB using it as a Ram Drive.....
    02-22-12 12:12 PM
    Thanks very much for the quick replies folks. You're probably right, I for one never could stand proprietary software. I will certainly give that a go later. I now have to be somewhere else but will definitely reply when I get back and let you know how it goes,
    thanks again
    02-22-12 12:29 PM
    Well i got home again and transferred some more videos manually, could'nt see that
    not working and of course it did. A little more arduous then I expected though as I got
    windoze 7 sending me a "are you sure you want to copy this file as all of it's properties
    cannot be copied" message. I just clicked yes and the videos work but it just becomes time consuming. Thanks yet again for the help everyone.
    02-22-12 05:19 PM
    Questions about video too:

Using Handbrake, I ripped a DVD I own to my computer. Then hooked my playbook to the PC and dragged and dropped the file.

I get an error saying file not supported when I try to watch on the PlayBook.

The file is mp4. What am I doing wrong?
    sputneek likes this.
    02-22-12 08:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD