The rubber casing around the speaker has pulled away. i can now see the metal speaker.

Anyone else have this issue?

Blackberry is fixing the problem.

Dan
    06-29-11 10:17 PM
    Don't think I have heard of that issue yet. Might wanna put a call into RIM
    06-29-11 10:23 PM
    Going for repair tomorrow. They are going to replace the otter casing.
    06-30-11 10:52 PM
    Sent my Playbook off to get fixed. They refused to fix the problem under warranty and wanted to charge me $349. The reason they gave me "It turns out that the LCD Bezel Lining is damaged and physical faults regarding the LCD are not covered under warranty."

I have asked what this ment but I have not gotten an answer. I will post a photo when I get it back.
    07-09-11 09:30 PM
    Sent my Playbook off to get fixed. They refused to fix the problem under warranty and wanted to charge me $349. The reason they gave me "It turns out that the LCD Bezel Lining is damaged and physical faults regarding the LCD are not covered under warranty."

I have asked what this ment but I have not gotten an answer. I will post a photo when I get it back.
    I have one word for you "OTTERBOX"
    07-09-11 09:41 PM
    I go back and forth on my Otterbox. It appears to be supreme protection but at the cost of really increasing the size/weight of the unit. But I just used the playbook on its first out-of-town venture and the Otterbox made me feel secure. The shield/easel was really nice on the plane and at various times. I dragged the pb along on two longer dayhikes, not wanting to leave it in the car and felt really comfortable that it would take the bumps that could occur.

But it really adds bulk and I wonder if I'd like something a bit less robust looking that might be sufficient.

But back to the original topic - sorry about the FLAWS and now Rim not acknowledging it.
    07-10-11 08:54 AM
    I agree on the Otterbox. I have the Defender on my Storm2 and it's terrific. But it does add some bulk (weight is not an issue with the S2). Also a bit of a pain if I have to do battery pull and can't get to the home screen to use QuickPull (ala Freeze up, uncommon but not a rare occurance).
    07-10-11 09:10 AM
    I saw a thread two months ago, the guy posted a picture. I can't remember if he took it back and got a new one or if RIM fixed it, but he never had to pay anything.

I use the leather sleeve and nothing else. I don't have a screen protector. If the tablet falls apart from normal use, I would be surprised, but there are bound to be faulty products and it is up to quality control to solve the problem, not the customer buying aftermarket products to hold them together.
    Last edited by Schlymer; 07-10-11 at 09:19 AM.
    07-10-11 09:13 AM
    Not me, I don't treat my stuff like crap.
    07-10-11 07:22 PM
    Not me, I don't treat my stuff like crap.
    Sometimes things just break no matter how well you treat it.
    07-10-11 09:03 PM
    see if you can take it back and get an exchange. I cant believe they wont warrantly replace or fix it for free. that is crap IMO
    07-10-11 09:18 PM
    Well RIM would not fix it. So i asked it to be returned for a trip i was going on i had it sent to the first hotel on my trip. All i asked is to get me the tracking number and email me the status.
    i was told it was shipped last Friday but they could not prove it. After four days of calling and emailing i was able to get the info. First it never came from a email from Playbook support because the manufacturer (RIM's manufacturer as there are more than one.) it seems that if you send something back for service they give you an additional 90 days of free support which is nice of them. But you have to fill out the form for the free support which know body knew until Monday night. Once i did that i got the tracking number and it was at the hotel since Monday morning.

After three frustrating days of talking to support they had done what i wanted but could not tell me for sure.
    07-13-11 08:56 PM
    wow that stinks. Sorry for your troubles.
    07-13-11 09:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD