Hi all,
    I have an issue where when I close my case the playbook goes to sleep but sometimes it shuts down and I press the power button and nothing happens I keep my finger on it and then get a long amber light and it goes out. I then press the button again and the pb boots up.

Any ideas why it does this?
    09-24-12 05:25 AM
    When you try to wake up your Playbook, are you only pressing the power button to do so? From your description, I'm surmising that you are inadvertently turning the Playbook off instead of waking it up. It's much easier to wake the Playbook up simply by swiping from the top bezel. I almost never use the power button.
    Hgouck likes this.
    09-24-12 08:40 AM
    That's the thing, the swipe from the top does nothing.

I'll add that its only in this certain circumstances. Most of the time the swipe works.
    09-24-12 10:08 AM
    Sounds like you had a similar problem that I had - when you do the swipe to turn back on from standby do you notice the screen brighten slightly? You may also some white banding on the left hand side of the screen.

In the end my issue was an hardware fault with the display or video chip which resolved by sending the playbook back to RIM under warranty where they swapped it out with a new (possibly refurb) playbook.
    09-24-12 11:46 AM
    That's the thing, the swipe from the top does nothing.

I'll add that its only in this certain circumstances. Most of the time the swipe works.
    To wake up the pb is from side to side swipe from bottom up to close app swipe from bottom lower left hand corner to middle brings up keyboard and a swipe from the top down will open a menu or settings on an app.
    09-24-12 02:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD