Hi everyone,

I bought a Playbook a week ago and couldn't be more pleased with the tablet. Does everything I need and even more. Certainly one of the best buy I've made in my life. Everyone in the family just love it.

However, here is my problem. It works so well that I cannot use it anymore, my wife is always using it. For the last three days, I've been unable to put my hands on the playbook. There's always someone using it. Thus, I'm back to square one and still have to use my PC for everything. Sure, with the kids, I can use my "parental authority" -whatever that means these days- but this is clearly not an option with my wife.

Have you ever encoutered this problem ? Is there a way to make the playbook freeze, bug, or malfunctioning in some way that other peoples in the house stop using it all the time ? Last option I may think of is to buy a second one that will be mine, all mine and only mine!
    mpetrol likes this.
    11-01-12 06:56 PM
    Buy another one. I don't have that problem because my wife says she won't touch the PB. But you know what? She'll come around to it. She doesn't need it at home what with the big and bright Mac screen we have but when we are on the road . . . that's when PB will win her out.
    11-01-12 07:02 PM
    I think the answer is go get another one.
    11-01-12 07:03 PM
    Hey .. The good news is, there is no reason to panic. There is a resolution to this problem; simply put, buy another one as the previous posters have mentioned. They are virtually giving them away right now. AND, the good news is, you can video chat with your wife and resume the lines of communication with her once again.
    11-01-12 07:11 PM
    Playbooks are like potato chips.............You can never have just one
    Qaxl likes this.
    11-01-12 07:16 PM
    Or, put a password on it.
    11-01-12 07:25 PM
    Sounds like another addict has been created here. The idea of putting a password on your PlayBook is a good one. Cold turkey is the only way to cure an addiction. Trouble is if you don't tell your wife what the password is you might be looking for something more expensive than another PlayBook - a new place to live! I would go for a second PlayBook.
    11-01-12 07:40 PM
    Hi everyone,

I bought a Playbook a week ago and couldn't be more pleased with the tablet. Does everything I need and even more. Certainly one of the best buy I've made in my life. Everyone in the family just love it.

However, here is my problem. It works so well that I cannot use it anymore, my wife is always using it. For the last three days, I've been unable to put my hands on the playbook. There's always someone using it. Thus, I'm back to square one and still have to use my PC for everything. Sure, with the kids, I can use my "parental authority" -whatever that means these days- but this is clearly not an option with my wife.
    Please excuse my arrogance but I bought two 64s and she has one of them. Problem solved. Actually I could never pry it from her hands since she is head of a charitable organization and absolutely must have it to keep things going. Contacts, email and Calendar (WLM sync) work very well to help us both.
    11-01-12 07:42 PM
    Sounds like another addict has been created here. The idea of putting a password on your PlayBook is a good one. Cold turkey is the only way to cure an addiction. Trouble is if you don't tell your wife what the password is you might be looking for something more expensive than another PlayBook - a new place to live! I would go for a second PlayBook.
    That works until she enters the wrong password 10 times and wipes it and then makes it hers with HER PASSWORD on the freshly wiped pb!
    sputneek likes this.
    11-01-12 08:14 PM
    Thnaks guys!

For the password, I don't think it will work. Those of you whom have a wife certainly know what she can do, or stop doing, so that you give her or remove the damn password. Way too risky for me! Another Playbook is probably the way to go! It's certainly much better than having to deal with a genuine wife's wrath!
    11-01-12 09:08 PM
    I've got 9 of em.Make you a heck of a deal on 16gb or 64gb.Haven't got the 32s rehabbed yet. I know,I just couldn't stop buying them till the wife saw em all lined up and said WHAT THE H ARE YOU DOING WITH ALL THOSE. queitly, having fun
    11-01-12 09:51 PM
    i see your problem :LOL:
    my problem is that it's working too good and the battery life is too short
    11-01-12 10:18 PM
    You need 2 if you want to videochat with each other right?
    11-01-12 10:33 PM
    That works until she enters the wrong password 10 times and wipes it and then makes it hers with HER PASSWORD on the freshly wiped pb!
    Sounds like the voice of experience Good one
    11-02-12 10:31 AM
    Sounds like the voice of experience Good one
    The meek voice of experience.
    11-02-12 10:38 AM