Hello,

I have been having trouble downloading apps from the appworld lately on my playbook. It says that it is having trouble connecting and to verify my network connections. However, I know my wifi is working so that isn't the problem. I know that I changed my blackberry i.d. a while before OS 2 was added but there wasn't any problems before. Until recently, I was perfectly fine with downloading apps and what not on OS 2 with my new blackberry i.d. but now it is no good.

Anyone have any ideas?
    diegonei likes this.
    03-03-12 12:33 AM
    Rims appworld can b. Dicey. Try again in 4 hours for time changes, should help.
    03-03-12 01:06 AM
    It has been like this for a couple days already though....
    03-03-12 01:26 AM
    open app world on pb - bring up the keyboard - type rst - close app world - relaunch and should be working
    03-03-12 01:38 AM
    Just type it into nothing? Like open app world and on the main page, just bring up the keyboard and press that? Do I press return? I tried and it didn't work...
    03-03-12 01:41 AM
    you just type it.. nothing will happen but in the back its gonna reset the cache.. actually this is if your having problems downloading something from appworld..

I had the same prob last night.. was on wifi and then all of a sudden it just wouldn't connect.. lemme remember what i did..

edit: disconnect bridge if youre on that.. then run the browser.. open some sites.. then run appworld again.. if it doesnt work then close the browser.. and then run appworld again.. do some random things and its gonna start working..
    Last edited by varunsain; 03-03-12 at 02:22 AM.
    carlyincanada likes this.
    03-03-12 02:20 AM
    Thanks had this happen also a few times
    03-03-12 02:51 AM
    Had real slow and iffy connection yesterday afternoon. Poynt took forever to download.
    03-03-12 09:03 AM
    That didn't work either. I realized that I think the problem is that I am not signed into my blackberry i.d....When I try to authorize it, it brings my account up and such and I try to log in but it says the username or password is not associated but I know I am typing in the right password, I could log in using the same credentials just fine on my laptop...and I am not using bridge or anything else since I don't have a blackberry phone.

I believe this started after I sideloaded repligo pdf reader though I am not 100% sure. I think that was the last thing I did. Maybe this messed things up somehow?
    03-03-12 10:00 AM
    That didn't work either. I realized that I think the problem is that I am not signed into my blackberry i.d....When I try to authorize it, it brings my account up and such and I try to log in but it says the username or password is not associated but I know I am typing in the right password, I could log in using the same credentials just fine on my laptop...and I am not using bridge or anything else since I don't have a blackberry phone.

I believe this started after I sideloaded repligo pdf reader though I am not 100% sure. I think that was the last thing I did. Maybe this messed things up somehow?
    03-03-12 10:03 AM
    Sorry for double post, anyone have any ideas? I even tried a security swipe and it appeared to work initially. I used the same blackberry i.d. info as before and was able to download stuff off appworld. But then when I restored my data, the same problem arose again...
    03-03-12 12:55 PM
    Been having the same issues for twodays but it seems it's working ok now...
    03-03-12 02:23 PM
    I've seen some people suggest logging into appworld on your computer, verifying and using your bbid and password there. Or on a bbphone.
    03-03-12 02:30 PM
    Had the same issue. First, go into Settings>Date&Time and change the time by a few hours (turning off automatic time). Then, go into Settings->Blackberry ID and let it just sit there and re-sync. Then, go back into time and correct the time. When you go back into the store it should work-it is an issue with Blackberry ID's syncing in 2.0 that somehow is time-based. Strange, I know.
    03-03-12 02:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD