I have noticed an issue where when I turn on the playbook bridge connection it rearranges all of my contacts home and work addresses into one field.

For example, the home address city state and zip all move into the "address 1" field. Is thereba known fix for this? I tried searching google and the forums. No luck. This is with a 9700 on os 5
    08-07-11 12:14 PM
    I haven't noticed that on my 9780 running 6.x.x.x
    08-07-11 12:33 PM
    On my BlackBerry Bold 9700 running 5.0.0.862 and BlackBerry PlayBook running 1.0.7.2670 the bridged-mode Contacts display in the proper fields. Do you have the latest version of BlackBerry Bridge software installed on both devices?
    08-07-11 01:34 PM
    I have noticed an issue where when I turn on the playbook bridge connection it rearranges all of my contacts home and work addresses into one field.

For example, the home address city state and zip all move into the "address 1" field. Is thereba known fix for this? I tried searching google and the forums. No luck. This is with a 9700 on os 5
    The same thing happened here... 9700 OS6 (600)
    and I wonder WHY .. cause I have not changed ANY contact info from the Playbook at all... so why it should re-write and mess up..

Hope RIM will send us a technician home to fix it ... The same thing happenes if I try to sync with gMail Contacts (both BIS sync and GSync) ... and I'm fed'up of having to clean up after the mess....
    08-07-11 02:40 PM
    You are talking about the DISPLAY of the info when looking at the PB. It is not actually physically changing the addresses on your phone?
    08-07-11 02:47 PM
    You are talking about the DISPLAY of the info when looking at the PB. It is not actually physically changing the addresses on your phone?
    physically changing the addresses on the phone!!
    08-07-11 03:01 PM
    Oh, that is messed up. I would definitely contact rim and file a report.
    08-07-11 04:29 PM
    Oh, that is messed up. I would definitely contact rim and file a report.
    You are funny....

Have you ever contacted RIM and gotten useful help?

I have Never... but - have contacted them several times about all the different bugs they serve us... most of the time they either refer to webpages with info about completely different things - or they just brush it off with a "sorry"...

Have given up on them... completely...

Its kinda weird - that we have to browse all different user Forums like Crackberry to find updated info about our products - while RIM stays silent in the back hoping more fools like myself keep buying their products...
    08-07-11 04:38 PM
    By chance, do you sync your contacts with gmail? Because gmail has a bug in that they dont have separate lines for city state and zip, it forces it all into one line. I never noticed it until one day when I was trying to use gps and it wouldn't recognize the address. That's when I noticed the whole address in one line. If you do a search of the web, you'll find a ton of people bitchin about it, but Google hasn't done anything about it. Its a google issue, not a PB issue.
    08-07-11 11:27 PM
    Was going to post the same thing. Happened to me because of google and not the playbook.
    08-07-11 11:53 PM
    Must be google blackberry bridge doesn't mess with data it only access data directly off the device.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-08-11 02:26 AM
    By chance, do you sync your contacts with gmail? Because gmail has a bug in that they dont have separate lines for city state and zip, it forces it all into one line. I never noticed it until one day when I was trying to use gps and it wouldn't recognize the address. That's when I noticed the whole address in one line. If you do a search of the web, you'll find a ton of people bitchin about it, but Google hasn't done anything about it. Its a google issue, not a PB issue.
    Not the issue in my case. When Google sync was introduced with BIS 3.x long time ago - that was the first issue I found - and made me Not use it again.....

The address book has since been fixed up - and problems re-occured with Bridge and PB...

anyway.... thats just how BB's are these days.... dont try to sync them in any way. The devices are good - as long as you only use the Backup from DesktopManager and leave it with that...
    08-08-11 07:50 AM
    You are funny....

Have you ever contacted RIM and gotten useful help?

I have Never... but - have contacted them several times about all the different bugs they serve us... most of the time they either refer to webpages with info about completely different things - or they just brush it off with a "sorry"...

Have given up on them... completely...

Its kinda weird - that we have to browse all different user Forums like Crackberry to find updated info about our products - while RIM stays silent in the back hoping more fools like myself keep buying their products...
    Sorry you've had bad experiences, but I've had quite a bit of good luck with RIM techs. If you get a moron, hang up & try again.
    08-08-11 12:26 PM
    Thank you so much, it was this post that helped me. Turns out the playbook was wrongly accused. I had google sync long ago but ditched it because it startee making duplicates of my contacts.

After reading your post I double checked and found that though google sync was gone, when I set up my gmail it had the contacts synced. I was unable to remove that even after changing my gmail password and then removing gmail from my phone altogether.

I chose to backup my phone and wipe it completely. That worked. I wont connect gmail to my phone again, I instead set up my gmail account to forward all messages to my blackberry email account and delete the original. Push email beats pull anyways so who cares.
    08-11-11 06:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD