Dear all,

Well I've been having the problem of connecting the playbook to windows and bb desktop manager not recognising it's version ( recognising it as version 0 and requring and update to the latest 2.0.1... Which I already have installed)

This has been frustrating as I haven't been able to transfer files over to my pb since the update... Anyway I decided to do the update on the desktop manager to see if it would override this error message... Well it didn't... And it also wiped all of the pics on my pb.. Stupid of me I know!! It's not like I could put the pics on my pc before I updated loool..

Also tried anyway downloading the latest desktop manager from bb beta zone and this does not solve the issue for me :s

Since my updat. I've had a few problems.. First is the contacts and native messaging... With on contact I add the facebook account but it doest recognise it.. So if u notice in ur contact card, u can click on their email address and twitter / FB account and it'll take u there... But wen I add the FB account it doesn't allow me to click!! What's weird though is that wen I go to recent activity, the most current facebook update is there... This also links to the native messaging because when I go to compose facebook message, when I type their name on the 'to' field.. It does not come down on a drop down box ( I.e it's not recognised as a contact that I have).... So now I can't send native FB messages to this contact... Don't know how to solve this any ideas??
    05-17-12 03:36 AM
    The second thins is the FB app which works fine but when I click on chat it gives me the message 'chat is offline' check internet connection.. My internet connection is fine!!

Anyway I know this is a lengthy post and most will get bored reading loool... But it's bad I can't connect my PB to the computer...

Any help is truly appreciated

05-17-12 03:45 AM
    Hi, go to your FB application, enter user name and password, swipe down top bezel, click Options, chat ON. Then try again and advice if this solved your problem.
    amjass12 likes this.
    05-17-12 04:42 AM
    Thank you very much todor.. That solved that problem!!!!!
    05-17-12 05:01 AM
    Glad that i was able to help. Enjoy your PB.
    05-17-12 08:56 AM
    The only way I was able to get the desktop software (and windows 7 explorer) to "recognize" my playbook after doing the 2.0.1 update was to do a security wipe. I know, it sucks, but I tried everything else. Just be sure to back up (I used wifi to drag and drop) all of your media first 'cause you'll loose it all when you wipe it. Even though windows would not "map" the playbook as a drive when plugged in with USB, it still worked fine over the network....that saved me!

Good luck.
    Hoot
    05-17-12 10:48 AM
    @hoot: thanks for the solution!!, yh I read about doing it this way, but I don't have wifi connectivity on my desktop computer.. So I pretty much did the security wipe, and jst lost all media... Never mind, will just have to travel back to Spain to get the family pictures back loooooll..

Other problem is I uninstalled the rim driver under network adapters in device manager and now I can't re-install that.. No matter how many times I plug the pb into the computer the driver just won't install, and I use to get, device unplugged error.. Now it just says playbook could not connect to desktop manager....I've tried all the troubleshooting on blackberrys troubleshooting Page as well as endless forum posts... I really hope rim can fix this in their next update...

And another thing, I read that people have these problems with windows 7, but I also have the same problem on a laptop which is windows xp.... This problem is a disaster!!!!!!

Thanks to all for your posts anyway!! Much appreciated
    05-17-12 11:01 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD