I have set up my Gmail account to sync with a new Playbook several times now always with the same problem. My email is set up with no problem. I get the following message for the calendar and contacts. In fact the whole message follows:

Your email account was successfully added. At this time , the www.google.com/calendar/dav/my email address@gmail.com/events and google.com are unavailable and your calendar and contacts accounts cannot be added. Please try again later.

I have tried this for almost a week by deleting my gmail account and adding it back. The same problem occurs each time, and I don't think the server can be down that long.

I have tried to go directly to the website indicate and I am prompted for a user id and password. My regular gmail user id and password do not give access and I have no idea what is being asked for.

Has anyone else experienced this problem? Has anyone figured out how to solve this problem.

Thanks.
    Last edited by DavidPerryWA; 03-15-13 at 04:46 AM.
    01-22-13 06:38 PM
    I have had Gmail for 17 months with just some minor glitches. However there was a posting on this Site on Sunday. It was stating something about Google making changes to the Gmail system. You should do a search on this Site regarding it. Mine has been running good in the past few days without any hitches.
    01-22-13 06:50 PM
    I have the same exact issue and there does not seem to be any kind of fix.

jeff

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk 2
    01-23-13 07:51 PM
    I wonder if this is deliberate just like windows phone not being able to use google maps and tne only resolve was via a threat of a lawsuit ( I believe ) from microsoft.

seems odd that this happens just before the bb10 launch

j

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk 2
    01-23-13 08:17 PM