For the past two weeks in order to connect my Playbook with my 9930 I have to push the connect settings on my phone and Playbook at the same time to get them to bridge. My 9930 has the blue light flashing when I get back in range with the PlayBook, but will not connect automatically. I have uninstalled/ reinstalled and the bridge works until I get out of range of the PlayBook. Then back to the same crap. Any suggestions?
    06-26-13 09:38 PM
    And you've removed or unpaired or whatever it is called on the pb? Erasing all references to one another? Reboot after each step on each device?

What other bt stuff is paired on each device? You might want to UNpair those, too - just to clean up?

Or let's see what others suggest. (fingers crossed, I've never had an issue, separate and auto-reconnect at least 2-4 times each day.) Also a 9930
    06-26-13 10:07 PM
    Yes I have done all that. I haven't added anything new on Bluetooth. Have 9930, mini-keyboard, and head phones. If I try to connect through the Playbook it tells me that phone is out of range. And if I try to connect from my phone it keeps searching for my PlayBook.
    06-26-13 10:15 PM
    Just in case: On the 9930, open Bridge, scroll down to the PB entry (highlight it), press Menu, then Select Properties. Under Properties, is Automatic selected and Checked?
    06-27-13 12:01 AM
    Yes, the box is checked beside where it says Automatically connect when PlayBook is in range.
    06-27-13 08:40 AM
    Now its show on my playbook and phone that the bridge is connected and when I go to open a Bridge message my PlayBook says it looking for my BlackBerry device and freezes up. I know the Bridge was connected or I wouldn't have received a Bridge Text message on my PlayBook.
    06-27-13 09:42 AM
    Stumped! (my reply is too short)
    dphjeff likes this.
    06-27-13 09:59 AM
    Now the crazy this is working. Haven't done anything to it sense I started this thread.
    FF22 likes this.
    06-27-13 11:56 AM
    For the past two weeks in order to connect my Playbook with my 9930 I have to push the connect settings on my phone and Playbook at the same time to get them to bridge. My 9930 has the blue light flashing when I get back in range with the PlayBook, but will not connect automatically. I have uninstalled/ reinstalled and the bridge works until I get out of range of the PlayBook. Then back to the same crap. Any suggestions?
    I used to get that you stupid duck. I can't remember now but I did post on a thread about my solution to it. I'll look through my notes and get back to you.
    dphjeff likes this.
    06-27-13 12:47 PM
    Ok duck type dude I just charged my old phone and checked it out and I remember it well.

For some reason I started having the same problem and after checking all settings I noticed that the phone has a setting within bt that controls each individual connection. Options are:

Trusted:
    • prompt
    • yes
    • no
    • trusted

For some reason the bridge default is silent that will eventually connect but while your waiting for this to happen make some eggs and bacon or go for a walk. Or you could change it back to trusted and then it connects immediately. Check your phone bt settings duck! Or else!!!!!!..........
    FF22 and dphjeff like this.
    06-27-13 01:43 PM
    Now the crazy this is working. Haven't done anything to it sense I started this thread.
    Ah, as I have been saying for DECADES (oh, my gawd, it really is that long), "COMPUTERS do what they want, when they want!!!" Nothing has changed!

Glad you are back in business - it probably was just the DISCUSSION which frightened it back into working!
    dphjeff likes this.
    06-27-13 03:10 PM
    Ok duck type dude I just charged my old phone and checked it out and I remember it well.

For some reason I started having the same problem and after checking all settings I noticed that the phone has a setting within bt that controls each individual connection. Options are:

Trusted:
    • prompt
    • yes
    • no
    • trusted

For some reason the bridge default is silent that will eventually connect but while your waiting for this to happen make some eggs and bacon or go for a walk. Or you could change it back to trusted and then it connects immediately. Check your phone bt settings duck! Or else!!!!!!..........
    Sheesh, SOM, how come you had to charge your OLD phone to check if Bridge was working? (oh, boy, now, F2, you've gone and done it!!!).

And, yes, mine is also set on SILENT but seems to connect. But maybe I don't immediately check it out, giving it some odd minutes or seconds to reestablish its link when I come back home.
    dphjeff likes this.
    06-27-13 03:15 PM