Hello, has anyone ever have any problem trying to do a Full Back Up on the PlayBook with OS v2.0.0.6149 beta?

Today I tried to do a Back Up of my 32 GB PB and it didn't back up my PB, I also received a message "There was an error backing up." Btw, this is the first time that has happened.

I have restart the BB DM, laptop [Win. 7] and the PB itself and try to do another Back Up and it's still didn't do the Full Back Up. ..... picture attached .....

The reason I'm trying to do a Full Back Up, it's because I already placed an order for a 64 GB PlayBook and my cousin bought my 32 GB [he already paid $200 for my 32 GB ].

If anyone have came across this matter, can anyone tell me what's causing the problem?

Yes, I really do like using the PlayBook, hence I'm willing to upgrade to the 64 GB version
    Last edited by B_Berry; 01-14-12 at 01:01 PM.
    01-14-12 12:08 PM
    There are a number of threads. You can try the Custom/selective backup. Before that - you can manually backup all of your media (pics, music, video) and docs, pdf's etc by using drag/drop to a computer.

Some of us have kind of zeroed in on one or two apps that may trigger the problem. They seem to either have a lot of files as part of their suite. It really is not the app's fault. Rim does not apparently handle the backup process smoothly and these apps trip up the rim lack of error checking/correction.

Two apps involved may be a Recipe app (don't recall its name), and the XXX-country/city maps on-device gps apps.

There may be other apps, too. One thing to also try is turn off wifi and bt and turn ON developer mode (security options).
    jafobabe and B_Berry like this.
    01-14-12 12:29 PM
    interesting. just had the same problem and i did install a recipe app. I was finally able to do the selective back up with media and settings - but it was the apps back up that caused the issue.
    01-14-12 12:38 PM
    It's the President's Choice app. I had the same problem. I deleted the app and I was then able to do a successful, full back-up.
    01-17-12 05:04 PM
    It's the President's Choice app. I had the same problem. I deleted the app and I was then able to do a successful, full back-up.
    Mike, it's completely confirmed that the Recipe Box app can prevent backup, and does in most cases, but it's not the only app that can does it.

Our best information is that any app with many thousands of files, either bundled with it, downloaded, or generated during use, has a high chance of triggering this particular backup problem. (There are other problems not cause by this, with different symptoms.)
    jafobabe likes this.
    01-17-12 05:24 PM
    Everyone keeps saying Recipe Box. There is no such app on AppWorld! (that I can find) I have Cooklet on my Playbook. I tried to back it up with it saying there is an error. I uninstalled it, still no go on the back up. I think it is Angry Birds. I have all 3. Hate to delete them as I am very far along into them!
    Last edited by ultra07; 01-17-12 at 07:38 PM.
    01-17-12 07:35 PM
    ultra07, the vendor pulled Recipe Box a week or two ago, presumably when they heard that their app was (through no fault of their own) triggering the problem. Many would still have it installed though.
    01-17-12 08:00 PM
    Everyone keeps saying Recipe Box. There is no such app on AppWorld! (that I can find) I have Cooklet on my Playbook. I tried to back it up with it saying there is an error. I uninstalled it, still no go on the back up. I think it is Angry Birds. I have all 3. Hate to delete them as I am very far along into them!
    I'm right there with you. Not willing to delete my Angry Birds. Hoping a fix for this issue will be in OS2 (or in an update to Desktop Software or both).
    01-17-12 08:50 PM
    Sorry for the late reply, I've been busy with my trips. Thank you all, and yes it was the Recipe Box app that's causing it [which my gf like the app, so she can explore & try make new meals]. But, not long after my original post ... I just downgrade back to OS 1.0.8.6067 and wiped the OS2 beta.

I didn't really like the OS2 beta, I only did it for trial of OS2 beta. It was alright, after all it's beta OS version [heck, even with any official release OSes, no matter if it's a Win., Android, iOS, etc. ... they're always have some kind of an update/upgrade, for the so called "enhancements" or "bugs fix"].

When I upgraded to OS2 beta, I found there are some crashing issue; noticeably with the browser. Also, there's no Video Chat app in OS2 beta. So I downgraded to OS 1.0.8.6067 for the Video Chat app, which I use it sporadically chatting with relatives/friends across the continents.

But, I didn't bother re-installing the Recipe Box app either [which makes my gf a little bit ]. Like some of you've mentioned, that they took out the Recipe Box from BB App World. I still have the app backed up somewhere in my HD/BB DM, but I'm not going even to bother look for it or re-installing it to my PB. I just wait until they're sort it all out.

Thanks again all and keep PB_iiing
    02-05-12 12:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD