I know there are some threads about this but nothing in those threads seemed to work.

I bought this playbook used, so I don't know if it has to do with something that was done before I got it or some nuance I'm unaware of.

I got it, turned it on, went through the setup and created a BBID. The app world would give me an error about the network connection. Wifi worked fine through the browser but I removed and re entered it anyway.

Then when that didn't work I did a security wipe. Same thing.

Then I did the debrick wipe, same thing.

I reset the router. I tried with no security settings on the router as well.

When I have the PB plugged in to the computer and try to go through bkackberry.com/appworld I get a prompt to enter the PB password. There is no security password set up. I tried my BBID password. Then I setup a password on the PB and tried that one. Then I tried to make a new BBID. None of that worked either.

Any help is appreciated.
    06-15-12 12:04 PM
    Hi quid

I'd definitely give BlackBerry support a call.... I'm sure they'll sort it out asap
    quid likes this.
    06-15-12 12:34 PM
    You might try:

Send an email to [email protected]
    quid likes this.
    06-15-12 02:51 PM
    Thanks you guys.

I sent them an email and got a response in about an hour. Pretty great.

Apparently the email address I was using was the same one I signed up with a few years ago and its now inactive or dormant or something. So the rep told me to sign up for a new BBID with a different email address then do a security wipe then set the PB up using the new ID.

All is good now.
    rotorwrench likes this.
    06-15-12 09:44 PM
    Glad you are squared away.

Thanks for reporting back - it might help someone else.
    06-16-12 12:15 AM
    Thanks you guys.

I sent them an email and got a response in about an hour. Pretty great.

Apparently the email address I was using was the same one I signed up with a few years ago and its now inactive or dormant or something. So the rep told me to sign up for a new BBID with a different email address then do a security wipe then set the PB up using the new ID.

All is good now.
    Good stuff

Pleased that:
    1) you got a fix
    2) BlackBerry support was so prompt!
    06-16-12 08:49 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD