Looking for a power charger for my car for the Playbook.
    I inadvertantly ordered this item:

Kensington - Smartphone - iPhone & iPod - Car Chargers & Mounts - PowerBolt

Of course when I received it, the cable is Ipad/Iphone specific... I know I can use the power outlet adaptor (2.1 amp).. but also understand that a regular data cable (such as the one that came with the Playbook for syncing and so forth... will not do the job in terms of charging...

Can anyone recommend a good usb to micro usb cable that I can get? and maybe source for same?

Thanks so much.
    02-29-12 04:14 PM
    I'm not sure I understand. The USB cable that came with the PlayBook allows mine to charge as well as it's possible to charge on a laptop USB port. Do you mean yours does not?

(It's very slow, but a different cable wouldn't help that.)
    02-29-12 04:20 PM
    Any usb charger will be very slow. You can use a car charger with the mini usb end on it or purchase a inverter that will plug into your cigarette lighter and convert the power from 12 volts to 120 volts so you can use the plug in charger that came with the playbook. I hope this helped.
    02-29-12 04:22 PM
    What's wrong with the cable that came with your PB?

The issue is not with the cable but with the output of the power supply. 2.1 amps should be plenty
    02-29-12 04:28 PM
    Regular data cable that came in the box will work.
    02-29-12 04:37 PM
    Did not actually try it in the car yet. Had been told a different cable was necessary for power rather than data...

Will try it in the morning.

Do have an inverter. - also have alt current outlet in the car which I know would work with the power cord that came with the playbook.
    02-29-12 04:51 PM
    Seems this topic has died so I'll bring it back.

I bought the same charger and it won't charge my BlackBerry Bold 9900 with any of the supplied cables (2 phones), telling me that I need to install drivers. Unfortunately Crackberry doesn't seem to sell charge only cables.
    04-08-12 03:06 AM
    In the US, AT&T sells (or sold?) a CHARGE only cable for about $10.
    04-08-12 09:14 AM
    charge only = usb cable... as mentioned previously it is not good to charge with usb cable... ive found at times the burn rate (of leaving it on) is greater tahn the charge rate... best to use the charger it came with or the rapid chargers
    04-08-12 12:13 PM
    Actually, it appears that CHARGE only cables also 'help' charge some bb phones using car chargers that have a usb socket but not a permanent cable where as 'normal' usb-data/charge cables do not work.

I have not remembered to see if I can use such a setup for my pb in the car.
    04-08-12 12:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD