When are we going to get the ability to print documents from PlayBook to a Wi-Fi Printer? I can do this from my Android phone using PrinterShare but according to the developers of PrinterShare, since Blackberry does not support Android NDK, they cannot port this App to PlayBook!
    03-18-12 11:05 AM
    A fellow forum member made app:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/playboo...aybook-710126/
    jafobabe likes this.
    03-18-12 11:10 AM
    Thanks for the link Bash!
    03-18-12 11:42 AM
    With wifi-sharing enabled, you can used Win Explorer's RightClick context menu to print files on the pb. You are limited to the default printer and canNOT change any print characteristics.
    03-18-12 12:12 PM
    Hello,

a month ago I decided to buy a samsung wifi printer. Works great. A week ago, I bought a playbook instead of a new laptop.

I thought I was going to be able to do "almost" everything I need with my new PB.

Deception... come on, I can't print to my wifi printer?

I tried sideloading 3-4 android printing apps (they work perfectly with wifi on an android machine) and they all crashed after I press the print button.

Did anyone of you have success with the Ricoh HotSpot Printing app?

I want to print from my PB (directly to printer) without having to use my desktop computer.

Can't wait for the upgrades of BB10.

Thanks
    Chris
    06-28-12 10:27 AM
    You might try asking again in the Android apps subforum where maybe someone has found an Android app that does work.

Good luck
    06-28-12 11:44 AM
    Try something simple. Most wifi printers allow you to assign an email address to the printer. So, when you email your docs or whatever to the printer,it prints. I use this method.
    Harryl6134 likes this.
    06-28-12 12:00 PM
    When are we going to get the ability to print documents from PlayBook to a Wi-Fi Printer? I can do this from my Android phone using PrinterShare but according to the developers of PrinterShare, since Blackberry does not support Android NDK, they cannot port this App to PlayBook!
    Most new printers have e-print functionality (eg HP ePrint) where you just email your doc straight to the printer

I often print PDFs to my home printer from my PB using ePrint; and other files from my BB to a friend's printer - its really easy to set up and no hassle at all

I can sit on the train, work out what I want to read on paper when I get home, email the docs to the printer, et voila!
    06-28-12 03:57 PM
    I have an Epson wifi printer, and after the firmware of the printer was updated, I obtained an email address @epsonconnect. When I email to that address, the document is printed. I can print from anywhere I can connect to the Internet.
    06-28-12 10:30 PM
    Print via email would be nice, but I don't think my Samsung SCX-4623FW has that option.
    The only feature related with email i've seen is the ability to send me an email after a print job is complete.

Anyone where printing via email on a Samsung SCX printer?

Thanks guys
    06-29-12 09:20 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD