Is it possible to print from playbook to an Hp wireless printer? If so, how do I setup playbook to do that? How do I extend battery life beyond all the other obvious ways? Love my playbook!!
    10-26-11 10:30 PM
    Not possible.
    10-26-11 10:32 PM
    Just charge it every night and it will be sufficient.
    annamarialuann likes this.
    10-26-11 10:40 PM
    You can use Google Cloud with Google Chrome to print files from playbook. Battery life is really about putting on standby when not in use and adjusting brightness down. I can get good 12 hours of battery life when I use it for about 7 hours within that 12 hour day. All depends on connection and apps being used. Also sometimes need to recalibrate battery by letting the playbook completly drain and turn off and charging until full.
    10-26-11 11:08 PM
    The "Print from Playbook" option is being evaluated by RIM.
    The #1 juice guzzler is the screen, so to increase battery life, reduce brightness to the minimum and set your applications to not run in the background. And as Lexsteryo said, hit the "standby" button whenever possible.
    10-27-11 12:06 AM
    Some "business" machine if you can't even print from it! What a joke!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-27-11 08:15 PM
    Would be great if they add the printing function. I read somewhere that battery life lasted 3-4 days anyone else have that experience?
    10-27-11 09:34 PM
    Some "business" machine if you can't even print from it! What a joke!

i hope you can from whatever you own....... get out from our forums troll !!!
    dave1701 likes this.
    10-27-11 09:47 PM
    Would be great if they add the printing function. I read somewhere that battery life lasted 3-4 days anyone else have that experience?
    There's no chance you can get it to last that long if you use it (screen on) for more than about 7-10 hours during that time. I've done extensive measurements using my Battery Guru app, and some of the early results were posted a while ago on my blog.

Notice the item for "Screen on/backlight 0%", showing 10.7 hours. Basically, if the screen is on, even with the backlight off, you'll only get that much time cumulatively before the battery is completely dead.

Of course, if you use the thing for only a couple of hours each day, you should definitely get 3-4 days from it. Since I've had three PlayBooks in the house, my use is spread across them rather than being concentrated on my original one as it was before. I now charge about one a day, so I'm getting roughly 3 days from each with the relatively limited use each gets.
    10-28-11 10:05 AM
    My iPhone can't print as a native function. But with a free App provided by Kodak, it's very easy to 'flick' iPhone pictures to my Kodak printer over wifi. It works perfectly, and they just updated it for iOS5.

Assuming that RIM and the PB survive and grow, we will likely see many such apps for the PB in the next year or so. Hopefully...
    10-28-11 12:31 PM
    if you email the document to your printer's email address, it'll print it out for you...I believe you can email .doc, .xls, and .pdf attachments...
    10-28-11 03:46 PM
    Is it possible to print from playbook to an Hp wireless printer? If so, how do I setup playbook to do that? How do I extend battery life beyond all the other obvious ways? Love my playbook!!
    A quick search of "print" in App World on the PlayBook brings up several apps, a couple of which actually seem to be able to do this. PrintTool seems to be one of the first ones listed, and a quick scan of the reviews range from "doesn't work" to "works flawlessy" so take it as a hit or miss. Might only work with certain printers and may need some set-up beyond just install and print.

Hope that helps.
    annamarialuann and DanD2 like this.
    10-28-11 04:06 PM
    Quick office pro HD (andriod tablet) is an andriod phone and tablet come iphone and ipad come feature phone application, that does have a print option so I wonder if it may be possible to print through that once the OS2 adjustments are made. It seems that it is an air print enabled printer function. Maybe this is more for the future but I too would welcome this functionallity.

Link

http://www.quickoffice.com/quickoffice_pro_hd_android/

PS The only demo is for ipad which shows and talks printer as above but no demo for an andriod tablet so unsure and needs checking. However good news for ipad users
    Last edited by daveycrocket; 10-28-11 at 04:32 PM.
    10-28-11 04:20 PM
    There is a print folder on the playbook so maybe it's coming?
    10-28-11 04:34 PM
    There is a print folder on the playbook so maybe it's coming?
    That may be for the other way around. One of the survey questions recently asked about both types of printing: from the PlayBook to a printer, or from a PC to the PlayBook. I assume that's something like printing to "PDF Creator" or similar things, but with some form of automatic tranmission to the PlayBook. Presumably more useful to companies than consumers... In any case, that folder may be simply where files sent that way would end up, by default.
    10-28-11 06:15 PM
    i hope you can from whatever you own....... get out from our forums troll !!!
    Now be nice on the name calling! I do infact own a PlayBook and extremely pissed I can't run my business from it! I have been a loyal blackberry user far longer than you so I will politely say watch your mouth! You have received the only warning you will get!

10-29-11 06:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD