Apologies if this has been raised before.....

Is there anyway I can print direct from my PlayBook to a wifi printer?

Really desperate to get this to work

Many thanks
    05-09-12 02:20 PM
    I've posted this on a couple of other threads, but I print using 1 of 2 methods:

1 - HP eprint (to email directly)this is a function on most wifi printers I think

2 - If at home, through PC
    - Open connected Playbook (WiFi)
    - Find folder your document is in
    - right click on Document
    - select PRINT
    - and its gone right to the printer using default PC application (Word, Excel Adobe etc)

3 - I haven't tried this one, but someone mentioned elsewhere that if you have a remote DeskTop program (like Splashtop) you can actually accomplish method 2 directly from your PB.

voila ..
    Last edited by badboygt; 05-09-12 at 03:10 PM.
    05-09-12 03:06 PM
    As was already mentiontioned you can print using a hp eprinter with a free app called Print tool. I believe though it may not work on all printers . but worth a try.
    Also you can purchase an app called Print 1.99 and you can send files to your home pc and subseqently will print on your printer. I use this one and it is very good . I t can be set up to print automatically using a print software you download onto your computer to marry to the app.
    You can also send docs to a cloud storage area like dropbox , box . google etc and then going in and printing from those sites.
    Good Luck,
    Gary
    05-09-12 03:22 PM
    A fellow forum member made an app that you install on the PB and on a PC thats connected to the printer you want to print to.

check it out here
    Buy Print - Download Print - Buy Apps from BlackBerry App World
    jafobabe likes this.
    05-09-12 03:26 PM
    Been able to do same with text files. Still trying to print figures and photos. Doc Neutron
    05-09-12 06:27 PM
    Whomever develops an app where the PB can send directly via bluetooth a print job to any bluetooth enabled printer will be sitting on a gold mine. In fact. I've got a thousand or so duckets I'd like to invest in such a development; read: I put up the money, you develop, we split 50/50.

Only honest developers with a high degree of ethics , integrity, and with a proven track record need apply.
    05-09-12 08:07 PM
    You are on to something. I totally agree printing straight from the pb is definitely fundable. I would put up some money for a couple of apps that i think would definitely be barn burners. Setting up template docs that you can fill out via touch screen( tap not type), creating a pdf that you can store in a secure cloud for dentist, md, dc, etc... is something i would put up some somolians for. Definitely on to something.
    alnamvet68 likes this.
    05-09-12 08:23 PM
    The lack Direct bluetooth printing is a major flaw in the development of the PlayBook. There is no reason for RIM to not have either developed their own app or to have paid a developer to have done so months ago. We cannot compare how long it took android or iOS to offer printing. Such a basic service would give the PlayBook practical uses in so many fields. I for one would love to print service reports and documents from my service truck. Not my office. I have a stupid laptop that can already do that.

Scratch that I have and iPad, iPod touch, Galaxy Tab 7.0 plus and an HP 500 Slate. Heck I even have a Galaxy Phone that prints directly to my portable printer.

RIM! Wake up!
    05-09-12 09:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD