For Print To Go on my Windows Vista computer to connect to the PlayBook, it needs that the computer is connected to the internet.
    If I disconnect the router from the ADSL modem, PrintToGoDesktop.exe asks for a connexion and does not display "Open a BlackBerry ID session" (user name, password) without it.

Is there any way to make Print To Go works without being connected to the internet?

Thanks for any suggestion.
    11-21-12 10:39 PM
    Print To Go needs Internet access in order to "print" or send a PDF file to your PlayBook. Both devices need to have an Internet connection in order for it to work.

Why are you saying it's spyware?
    11-21-12 11:01 PM
    Print To Go encrypts documents as it converts them to PDF and transfers them to the PlayBook. I would not call that spyware.
    11-21-12 11:07 PM
    An internet connection is not really required - all that is need is for both the pc and pb to be connected to the same router.
    11-22-12 08:51 AM
    I also have a similar problem when I connect the Playbook on my PC using the USB connection: the Blackberry Device Manager does not mount the Z:\ drive unless the PC is connected to the internet.

Technically there is no need for an internet connection to produce a PDF file or to mount a SD card. Indeed I find nowhere in the Playbook documentation that such a connection is necessary.

This is at best poorly designed and unsafe pieces of software that rely on a cloud or at worst plain spyware...
    11-23-12 04:13 AM
    The name Print To Go is an appalling excuse from RIM to compensate for the lack of support of print from the pb.

Maybe the usb capacity is absent because someone at RIM said "Hey, even those Blackberry fans will guess they could just copy/paste the PDFs by themselves".

I wouldn't call it cloud, it is very far from Google Drive on Android.

However, I have no idea why you would call it spyware.
    11-23-12 05:25 AM