Funny that we posted the same image within a couple of mins of each other Marty.
    It's not just you and I, either. Others are reporting the same problem.
    I expect there will be a fix in the installer at some point.
    Marty_LK likes this.
    05-06-12 06:30 PM
    i installed PTG and it all works but im a bit miffed as to why anyone would want to use it ? i dont get it at all, is it to save paper or ink ? why on earth would anyone use it, just print ffs.

why not fcuk this pile of useless cack off and give us a way to print from playbook thank you RIM you idiots!
    05-06-12 06:32 PM
    i installed PTG and it all works but im a bit miffed as to why anyone would want to use it ? i dont get it at all, is it to save paper or ink ? why on earth would anyone use it, just print ffs.

why not fcuk this pile of useless cack off and give us a way to print from playbook thank you RIM you idiots!
    Though I can simply put files and docs in my Dropbox folder and pull them up anywhere, anytime as long as I have an internet connection, I would rather be able to use all the PB has to offer. And I don't use an actual printer. I don't believe in the ink cartridge fiasco. I refuse to fund the printer companies for the ink cartridges that conk out all too early.

It's actually cheaper to buy a new printer when its ink runs out than to buy replacement cartridges. But I haven't used a printer in more than 2 years.

EDIT - the only problem I'm finding doing it this way is the lack of text readers. I have yet to find a Windows text file reader. DocToGo doesn't work...it can't find the text files. Files & Folders is too complex to understand. File Manager won't open the text files, though it does find them. Air browser won't open them. I have yet to find a text reader that will find text files copied to the SD card on my PB by Dropbox. And no, the PB doesn't have an SD card. But that's the export option that Dropbox gives referring to the main or root of the PB.
    Last edited by Marty_LK; 05-06-12 at 07:19 PM.
    05-06-12 06:38 PM
    I forgot to mention that before stopping print spooler to check if any files were left over from previous not succesfull installation (I read that even if installation fails the software shows up sometimes). If anything is left uninstall the software. In Windows Device Manager uninstall any unknown or incorrectly installed RIM virtual ports that may show up with question mark before runing PTG installation. Restart Windows. Disable AVG Antivirus software if you have one. Only now proceed with stopping spooler and try instaling PTG. See if this helps.
    05-06-12 07:00 PM
    I forgot to mention that before stopping print spooler to check if any files were left over from previous not succesfull installation (I read that even if installation fails the software shows up sometimes). If anything is left uninstall the software. In Windows Device Manager uninstall any unknown or incorrectly installed RIM virtual ports that may show up with question mark before runing PTG installation. Restart Windows. Disable AVG Antivirus software if you have one. Only now proceed with stopping spooler and try instaling PTG. See if this helps.
    Nothing like that on mine.
    05-06-12 07:14 PM
    Thanks Eli - for all of your effort in trying to help. Yes, that is precisely what I did, because there were leftovers from the previous installation attempt.
    05-06-12 07:17 PM
    I reported the install issue to RIM on Twitter and here is what they say:

"Please contact your service provider to have this issue escalated to Research In Motion for assistance resolving this issue. Thank you. ^CS"

I have no clue what they are talking about. Maybe they think this relates to a cellphone.
    05-09-12 10:47 AM
    Yeah. Not too helpful... Lol
    05-09-12 11:27 AM
33 12