Not quite sure why the playbook has a print folder as I can't find a feature that would allow me to print. Also I'm on a job site yesterday and after finishing a report I was looking for a way to put it on my Dropbox so I could send a link to our client. I used word to go but it only gave me the option to save and saveas a different name, no location option for me to select. What is everyone else doing with out having to purchase additional apps?
    Thanks
    02-01-12 06:40 AM
    Print to go app. This will allow you to print from a PC to a Playbook on the same network. Also files and folders receives some of the best review and I believe it has dropbox integration.
    02-01-12 06:50 AM
    Files & Folders does local files, Dropbox, Box.net and Google Docs, conversions, e-mail, zip, thumbnails, slideshow... Bluebox does Dropbox.
    02-01-12 07:23 AM
    Not quite sure why the playbook has a print folder as I can't find a feature that would allow me to print.
    The print subdirectory is a placeholder at this time until print-capability is enabled for the BlackBerry PlayBook. It might act as a print spooler for various applications where print jobs are queued until such time as the tablet user connects to a printer. But this is all speculation because truthfully I have no idea what purpose the print subdirectory was originally intended to fulfill.
    02-01-12 07:27 AM
    The print folder joins the books and bookmarks folders as a mystery. No idea what purpose any of them serve.

You could email the files to yourself or a recipient. I gather there are now wifi printers that have their own email addresses and folks have used those but that would be even more costly and a 3rd party app if you have to buy a new printer.
    02-01-12 09:41 AM
    OS 2.0 is supposed to have a native file manager so if you can wait three weeks your problem will be solved.
    02-01-12 09:51 AM
    You could email the files to yourself or a recipient. I gather there are now wifi printers that have their own email addresses and folks have used those but that would be even more costly and a 3rd party app if you have to buy a new printer.
    you can print anything directly through your computer and wifi ..
    1. open your PB link
    2. go to whichever directory your document sits in
    3. RIGHT click on the file you want to print
    4. click on Print menu item ..

it will open the corresponding application on your PC (word, Excel, adobe etc) and print.
    02-01-12 10:00 AM
    you can print anything directly through your computer and wifi ..
    1. open your PB link
    2. go to whichever directory your document sits in
    3. RIGHT click on the file you want to print
    4. click on Print menu item ..

it will open the corresponding application on your PC (word, Excel, adobe etc) and print.
    Sheesh, that was too easy and too quick. It actually did not ask me anything and printed. Glad I did not select a 100 page document!!!
    mandony likes this.
    02-01-12 10:47 AM
    I am pretty sure its eventually going to be for print spooling. If you use one of the file manager utilities and copy a simple file into the directorty. You will see the upper left hand corner show the red lines indicating a notification by the system. Open up the notification and its shows an icon, followed by "Printout" and the name of the file.
    02-01-12 04:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD