First time poster (though I've checked through the forum and don't seem to have found a fix yet). Help me, Obi Wan Kenobi, I'm pulling my hair out!

Pretty much got my PlayBook 2.0 sorted yesterday. I got my wife's and my daughter's Google calendars appearing on the PB, but only a few appointments come down via my own gmail account (I accepted the default settings, and the email and contacts side of things is working perfectly). Oddly, it's the older 'appointments' that seem to have come down - birthdays and a regular thing on Saturdays. Nothing that I've set up in the last year or so has appeared.

(As I'm in the UK, I used to have an @googlemail account, but switched to a default @gmail account when this was offered to me. I wonder if that's somehow at the root of the problem?)

I only have a single, primary calendar (and FWIW Google Sync works perfectly with my old BlackBerry 8800, and new appointments added on the PlayBook turn up on Google almost instantly). If I have a look at the calendar entries via Google in a browser, I see that the only difference between the two 'types' of appointments are that the older ones (which synced) have a (non-editable) Calendar setting of [email protected], whereas the newer appointments (which HAVEN'T synced) are all linked (via a pull-down menu) to my calendar via my name.

I'm sure I've got something very simple wrong, so any thoughts would be gratefully received!

Thank you.
    02-23-12 04:31 AM
    I have a very similar issue, with only some of my gmail calendar appointments coming down to my PB, but I have always had an @gmail address, never an @googlemail address, so I don't think that's necessarily the cause of your problem.

I am curious to know how you were able to sync your wife's and daughter's gmail calendars to your PB though. I thought you could only sync your primary gmail calendar, not other shared calendars you have access to. I'd love to get my family members' calendars to sync to my PB.

Edit: I just found the following thread and I'm guessing this is how you got your multiple gmail calendars to sync to your PB. I'll have to give it a try when i get home. http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...04/index3.html
    Last edited by Reassure; 02-23-12 at 06:41 AM.
    02-23-12 06:15 AM
    I have a very similar issue, with only some of my gmail calendar appointments coming down to my PB, but I have always had an @gmail address, never an @googlemail address, so I don't think that's necessarily the cause of your problem.
    Thanks for replying! Perhaps the change of default email address is a red herring, but there must be something in the fact that the appointments that have synced successfully are linked (and fixed) to my email address, and those that haven't can be linked to other calendars, but happen to be linked to one that has my name. (If you follow me!) It would appear to be the only distinction between the two forms of appointment.

I am curious to know how you were able to sync your wife's and daughter's gmail calendars to your PB though. I thought you could only sync your primary gmail calendar, not other shared calendars you have access to. I'd love to get my family members' calendars to sync to my PB.

Edit: I just found the following thread and I'm guessing this is how you got your multiple gmail calendars to sync to your PB. I'll have to give it a try when i get home. http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...04/index3.html
    Sorry if I wasn't clear. I synced those other calendars because they're primary calendars on other Gmail accounts! I just added two new accounts, popped in appropriate addresses and passwords, and everything worked. Shame my own calendar is proving rather more troublesome!
    02-23-12 07:29 AM
    Shameless self-quoting, on the off-chance that someone has an idea as to how I might be able to fix this. I've been trying various things all day and nothing has helped. (If I can't sort it I may as well go back to use Google calendar from within the browser, which does seem a shame.)

Thank you for reading!

Pretty much got my PlayBook 2.0 sorted yesterday. I got my wife's and my daughter's Google calendars appearing on the PB, but only a few appointments come down via my own gmail account (I accepted the default settings, and the email and contacts side of things is working perfectly). Oddly, it's the older 'appointments' that seem to have come down - birthdays and a regular thing on Saturdays. Nothing that I've set up in the last year or so has appeared.

I only have a single, primary calendar (and FWIW Google Sync works perfectly with my old BlackBerry 8800, and new appointments added on the PlayBook turn up on Google almost instantly). If I have a look at the calendar entries via Google in a browser, I see that the only difference between the two 'types' of appointments are that the older ones (which synced) have a (non-editable) Calendar setting of [email protected], whereas the newer appointments (which HAVEN'T synced) are all linked (via a pull-down menu) to my calendar via my name.

I'm sure I've got something very simple wrong, so any thoughts would be gratefully received!
    02-23-12 02:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD