Our Blackberry phones are secured tightly by both BES and our mail server policies, in order to prevent the leakage of information outside of the company.

We would like to deploy the Playbook to some of our users, but we want to avoid situations where people can save a file locally to the Playbook and then possibly leak it (intentionally or not).

Is there a way to prevent data from the phone to be used outside of the bridge?

Thanks in advance,

Zulu
    06-01-12 04:57 PM
    Our Blackberry phones are secured tightly by both BES and our mail server policies, in order to prevent the leakage of information outside of the company.

We would like to deploy the Playbook to some of our users, but we want to avoid situations where people can save a file locally to the Playbook and then possibly leak it (intentionally or not).

Is there a way to prevent data from the phone to be used outside of the bridge?

Thanks in advance,

Zulu
    ALL Bridge data is lost when that Bridge connection is broken. Be it turning off Bluetooth/Bridge, or walking away too far, or locking your smartphone, etc no Bridge Data is stored locally on the PlayBook, and this is done by design.
    06-01-12 05:10 PM
    I tried to save an attachment from an email from a bes account. And I could only save to the 8520 memory card. Not the playbook.

Screen shot is disabled too I think.
    Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk 2
    06-01-12 05:14 PM
    Yes, all Bridge data is safe, no way to copy it to the PlayBook. Even copy and paste only works between bridged apps. BlackBerry security is the best!
    06-01-12 06:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD