Kinda neat to see from BBDevDay Toronto. Volume is low.

Also shows orientation lock, mentions skype
    04-05-11 04:45 PM
    running a presentation while playing NFS... lol... definetly going to be a problem (for me).
    04-05-11 05:16 PM

Kinda neat to see from BBDevDay Toronto. Volume is low.

Also shows orientation lock, mentions skype
    thanks. I love that you can watch a movie on the screen and still use the p.b device to browse or do whatever.
    04-05-11 05:18 PM
    damn, I can't do that even on my Quad core Win7 laptop out of the box.
    04-05-11 05:47 PM
    Is there any other tablet out there that can perform this task? With presenter mode, this is as close as TRUE multitasking as it gets. Watching a movie on the big screen while doing some bbm, email or a quick search on the browser from the PB screen is exactly what I am envisioning. If this is a PlayBook exclusive, RIM market the feature extensively.
    Intosh likes this.
    04-05-11 06:07 PM
    Like to see the iPad do that (I know it can't, I have one..LOL)...wow, very nice feature that RIM should be exploiting more... can't wait for the 19th.
    04-05-11 06:54 PM
    I think I need to go for a lie down having watched that... the next 13 days are going to drag sooooo slowly
    04-05-11 06:59 PM
    This is great for all those people that couldn't figure out why you would ever want to have a video playing while playing Need for Speed. I think this video just answered the question of why you would.

I am sold!
    Intosh likes this.
    04-05-11 07:04 PM
    That's pretty darn slick... So excited.
    04-05-11 08:56 PM
    The presenter mode is pretty awesome. My laptop can't do that. Really looking forward to using it as a presentation device. Would be even better if it can hook up to the projector or monitor wirelessly...
    04-06-11 12:29 AM
    So it could be hooked up to my hdtv playing a movie for my family, and I can still be sitting there with it surfing the internet or checking my email and the tv screen just shows the movie?
    04-06-11 06:41 AM
    So it could be hooked up to my hdtv playing a movie for my family, and I can still be sitting there with it surfing the internet or checking my email and the tv screen just shows the movie?
    Exactly, just make sure whatever you're doing doesn't interfere with the movies audio.
    04-06-11 06:55 AM
    This demo is the one I've been waiting for. I would like to know if it can connect to the projector using a BB Presenter....
    BlackBerry - BlackBerry Presenter Video
    04-06-11 07:52 AM
    Presentation showing through HDMI, notes on the presentation showing on the PlayBook. Enterprise buys.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-06-11 09:46 AM
    I was sold on the PlayBook months ago...but this video confirms it. 13 days to go...
    jchaters likes this.
    04-06-11 10:00 AM
    Sick @$$ video, this thing is gonna be sweet!!!
    04-06-11 10:18 AM
    this is the most impressive video i've seen so far
    04-06-11 11:04 AM
    Yeah that's a bit nuts. So i can give a fullscreen presentation via HDMI. Powerpoint for example or a Video file and have my cheat-notes / script on the tablet.

Of course a laptop can do this, but perhaps not so seemlessly. And you'll need a heavy duty laptop to play 1080p video via HDMI and a 3D game simultaneously.

On another note:

MLB (NBA, NHL, soccer, etc.) need to make apps for the Playbook. Currently these are some of the biggest selling apps for iPad in terms of gross profit. (each app sells for around $15). Currently in the U.S. to order the MLB channels in HD is around $70/month, with the app it's only $15 to watch the favorite sports teams in HD. As a side note, MLB has stated that they sell approx 4x more iPad MLB apps than on Android.

On the iPad forums a lot of people are currently buying iPad2's and MLB to output the game on their TV via HDMI. A lot of frustration though because the MLB app currently can't output full screen via HDMI, I suspect a fix for this will come eventually though.

On the playbook it would allow fans to stream their fave sports game + output via HDMI, and multitask / display sports stats on the tablet itself, or the app could put realtime stats of the current player & bat, hockey player data, etc... on the tablet screen... or possibly even record part of the game like a PVR. Maybe allow some of those sports folks to watch the game and multitask via a website to a chatroom to discuss the game in real-time with other like-minded fans.

A lot of possibilities here for a huge market that's willing to pay money.
    Last edited by NO_CARRIER; 04-06-11 at 12:18 PM.
    04-06-11 12:06 PM
    Yeah that's a bit nuts. So i can give a fullscreen presentation via HDMI. Powerpoint for example or a Video file and have my cheat-notes / script on the tablet.

Of course a laptop can do this, but perhaps not so seemlessly. And you'll need a heavy duty laptop to play 1080p video via HDMI and a 3D game simultaneously.

On another note:

MLB (NBA, NHL, soccer, etc.) need to make apps for the Playbook. Currently these are some of the biggest selling apps for iPad in terms of gross profit. (each app sells for around $15). Currently in the U.S. to order the MLB channels in HD is around $70/month, with the app it's only $15 to watch the favorite sports teams in HD. As a side note, MLB has stated that they sell approx 4x more iPad MLB apps than on Android.

On the iPad forums a lot of people are currently buying iPad2's and MLB to output the game on their TV via HDMI. A lot of frustration though because the MLB app currently can't output full screen via HDMI, I suspect a fix for this will come eventually though.

On the playbook it would allow fans to stream their fave sports game + output via HDMI, and multitask / display sports stats on the tablet itself, or the app could put realtime stats of the current player & bat, hockey player data, etc... on the tablet screen... or possibly even record part of the game like a PVR. Maybe allow some of those sports folks to watch the game and multitask via a website to a chatroom to discuss the game in real-time with other like-minded fans.

A lot of possibilities here for a huge market that's willing to pay money.
    you don't need an app for that. The playbook's browser is a jewel in it's crown. You should be able to stream via the PB browser.
    Last edited by sf49ers; 04-06-11 at 01:27 PM.
    04-06-11 01:18 PM
    Nice touch RIM........
    04-06-11 03:25 PM
    you don't need an app for that. The playbook's browser is a jewel in it's crown. You should be able to stream via the PB browser.
    Yeah, should be exciting. Was just thinking about this the other day with grooveshark app being pulled from android market and app store. Should just be able to use the browser with the PB.

Presenter mode does look impressive though, I'm curious what it does to batt life. As kool as streaming something to tv and msg'ing at the same time sounds, it might be a bit impractical running a long (short cable possible but then you're close to a tv and probably standing) micro-hdmi and possibly a power cable.

As a side note, anyone else annoyed with RIM's marketing dept. specifically with the avg. consumer not having heard of the playbook? also running the bbm ads, flirt etc. saying how it's exclusively for BB (but we know that'll change shortly). /rant
    04-08-11 09:59 AM
    itll be charging via the hdmi so no worries
    04-08-11 10:07 AM
    That feature is coming for wireless
    Last edited by saahilj; 03-28-12 at 06:43 PM.
    03-28-12 06:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD