07-09-12 02:54 AM
30 12
tools
    Now that Blackberry is in the state it is in and the possibility of a 7" iPad this fall I am trying to make up my mind if to sell the playbook. If I do I was wondering if there is anything other than a security wipe I need to do to prepare it for sale?
    07-04-12 11:17 AM
    Nope. Just wipe and I'll give you 75 $ .
    Cracklen, nofiz and nealt8543 like this.
    07-04-12 11:20 AM
    Thanks for fast reply. The playbook has the screen protector and the rubbery type body protector that slides on over the back and covers the edge you know. It also comes with the Blackberry zipper padded case. If I decide to sell it for sure all that will be included. Can I PM or email you later if I decide to let it go? I was hoping to get at least a $100 since it had the cases and all.
    07-04-12 11:49 AM
    Screw iPad3 - I'm going Nexus 7 all the way... kids will inherit the playbook...
    cdelcampo216 likes this.
    07-04-12 12:47 PM
    I'm with you we will be the last PlayBook users.
    07-04-12 02:51 PM
    I just sent my Playbook to RIM for repair and now I'm on my iPad. Since I picked this iPad up I really haven't used the playbook that much.
    07-04-12 06:16 PM
    So I assume you like the iPad better than the playbook.
    07-04-12 06:37 PM
    A waste of breath, there will be no 7" iPad, period.
    07-04-12 07:45 PM
    07-04-12 07:54 PM
    So I assume you like the iPad better than the playbook.
    They both have their pros and cons ....iPad is better in wifi zone....playbook is better on the road....lots more apps and battery life is amazing
    07-04-12 11:07 PM
    I got my first smartphone (galaxy nexus) last month and have found my PlayBook tablet use almost non-existant now. I threw it on kijiji and got an offer of $150 for it plus the case. I am still 50/50 on whether I want to do it...timing-wise it can't get any better, as the value will only drop once the Nexus 7 tablet is out. At the same time I am sure I will go through days where I'll regret selling it. I have great memories and was excited for the BB10 update, but now that it is coming out next year at the earliest I may not have the patience to stick with it.
    dfb8085 likes this.
    07-05-12 12:37 AM
    I got my first smartphone (galaxy nexus) last month and have found my PlayBook tablet use almost non-existant now. I threw it on kijiji and got an offer of $150 for it plus the case. I am still 50/50 on whether I want to do it...timing-wise it can't get any better, as the value will only drop once the Nexus 7 tablet is out. At the same time I am sure I will go through days where I'll regret selling it. I have great memories and was excited for the BB10 update, but now that it is coming out next year at the earliest I may not have the patience to stick with it.
    I am in the same shape. I fear I may regret it but hey there's better out there or soon will be so I'm probably going to do it. whats this kijiji you mentioned and how does it work?
    07-05-12 08:27 AM
    Just remember, the first month with a new toy changes your habits temporarily. I'm not saying that you won't continue to love your smartphone for most of the previous PlayBook uses, but the Galaxy Nexus is still the new toy(not used as an insult) and more fun to use because of that. It takes about 2 months or so for that feeling to wear off. At that point you should know for sure if you will want your PlayBook or not.

Chances are that if you are not using it at all, you probably won't dramatically jump back into full time use ever again. However, if you still do play with it a little, you may end up missing it if you sell it right now.

I remember 2 times when I bought a Droid a couple years ago and I bought the iPhone 4S this past year. Both times I went from a BlackBerry and was in love with the new and exciting fun phone. That feeling was in full steam for the first month and slowly faded over the 2nd month. By the 3rd month, I was back on BlackBerry and stayed with it for well over a year before trying a new experimental "fun" phone.
    07-05-12 08:43 AM
    Screw iPad3 - I'm going Nexus 7 all the way... kids will inherit the playbook...
    What's going to happen when you run out of storage room on your Nexus 7?
    anson1331 likes this.
    07-05-12 09:08 AM
    I am spoiled by the size of the pb (and probably applies to any tablet). I recall watching movies and tv shows on my Creative Zen player's very small screen. I replaced that with my 8830BB and then the Tour and Bold (9650?) but going back to a phone size screen while on a flight or vacation - I don't think so. Not even a larger phone screen. But it does mean schlepping along more gear. Constant tradeoffs.
    MSgt Van and anson1331 like this.
    07-05-12 09:50 AM
    If you are going to sell it just do so before April - May next year.

Big carriers press RIM to dial down BlackBerry fees
    07-05-12 11:23 AM
    Now that Blackberry is in the state it is in and the possibility of a 7" iPad this fall I am trying to make up my mind if to sell the playbook. If I do I was wondering if there is anything other than a security wipe I need to do to prepare it for sale?
    what's the capacity of your PlayBook? If it's 32g or higher i will gladly buy it off you with all the accessories
    07-05-12 11:37 AM
    Nope. Just wipe and I'll give you 75 $ .
    You can have this one for 50. BlackBerry PlayBook 16GB, Wi-Fi, 7in - Black 722500000013 | eBay
    Last edited by maddogkiller; 07-05-12 at 07:48 PM.
    07-05-12 12:10 PM
    Don't sell it, keep it!!!! is just to buy an apple product, dawn it. if i swicth from my playbook i will go for andriod, F.... apple.
    07-06-12 11:26 AM
    Different strokes for different folks. I hope you all find happiness with your purchases. I guess I'm just lucky because I don't regret buying my first Playbook over a year ago. It has paid for itself just in use alone many times over. It does what I want and need so I'm very happy.
    Cracklen likes this.
    07-06-12 11:34 AM
    My Playbook has been great....but it has always burned me that I was an early adopter of it and paid $499 for a 16gb version. RIM should have sent the early adopters some free accessories or give us a credit to upgrade to a new BB10 device for helping them launch the Playbook. I have convinced probably a dozen people to buy a Playbook. I have also convinced many more to stay with Blackberry and not go to the dark side.

It's a phenomenal portable device...but the lack of some of the bigger apps is frustrating. I have an iPad now and there are things that I like about it and others that I dont.

I have been a BB user for many many years and have upgraded handsets year over yearr and have helped them build their RIMPIRE.

With this recent announcement of their delay of BB10. I can honestly say that I am looking at the "dark side" IOS or Android. It's sad. The Playbook is an amazing piece of hardware but the software is lacking.
    anson1331 likes this.
    07-06-12 02:47 PM
    hang on to the playbook, you will be back after the fling and I'm guessing $700 in the hole for what you thought would be the ultimate thrill.
    07-06-12 08:38 PM
    I have just sold my to make way for the nexus, however I have the feeling maybe I should have waited.

If you look at the specs of the nexus, I am going miss the hdmi out, sound and really like the browser on the playbook.

However I will be able to do all my streaming i want to do. IIf it turns out pants, will probably buy the playbook again.
    07-07-12 01:45 AM
    Hope you find the device that fits your needs and makes you happy. You'd have to pry mine out of my cold dead fingers - love my pb!
    07-07-12 05:52 PM
    It actually sold for $100 plus $5 shipping. Plus, the seller had no feedback history, and the casing on the PB he was selling was coming apart.
    07-07-12 06:18 PM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD