yes I searched, so let's not go there thanks

Predictive text doesn't show anymore...all keyboard options are on...have tried rebooting but no luck.

Any suggestions?
    03-25-12 09:06 AM
    It does not appear on applications that do not have it enabled.

It also doesn't appear on password fields.
    03-25-12 09:07 AM
    I understand that, but it's no longer working where it used to, such as typing an email
    03-25-12 09:08 AM
    I understand that, but it's no longer working where it used to, such as typing an email
    I have bad the same problem. Comes and goes, on occasion. I have never figured out what causes it.

Sorry, no real help other than to show that you are not crazy. To prove this, it just shut off in the middle of typing this.
    leo1055 likes this.
    03-25-12 09:19 AM
    Do you have your keyboard set to automatic?
    03-25-12 09:20 AM
    Do you have your keyboard set to automatic?
    tried that and QWERTY, still doesn't work
    03-25-12 09:31 AM
    Hmmm, well, the predictive text feature does take time to learn, if you will, and it has something to do with your typing habits, vocabulary used, etc. It's also saved in the cache, and clearing the cache will remove predictive text suggestions saved. Have you completely wiped/restored your PB to original factory settings recently?
    03-25-12 09:45 AM
    Hmmm, well, the predictive text feature does take time to learn, if you will, and it has something to do with your typing habits, vocabulary used, etc. It's also saved in the cache, and clearing the cache will remove predictive text suggestions saved. Have you completely wiped/restored your PB to original factory settings recently?
    I understand HOW to use it and how to type lol. It just doesn't pop up anymore, so there's no row of words to select from above the keyboard like there used to be. Nope, haven't wiped yet, but I will probably have to
    03-25-12 09:47 AM
    I don't remember but does predictive text show up if you are paired with a bbphone and the remote function is enabled?
    03-25-12 09:54 AM
    I don't remember but does predictive text show up if you are paired with a bbphone and the remote function is enabled?
    don't have a bb phone anymore
    03-25-12 09:56 AM
    I found that it sometimes disappeared after using certain android apps, usually a restart fixed a problem. Not using android apps prevents the problem from happening in the first place.
    03-25-12 10:03 AM
    I have not had this happen to me. Just a quick question that may be related (just a wild guess of imagination though), would you happen to use any of the droid port browsers? maybe they cause it.

If I were you I d clinch my teeth and go for a security wipe....?
    03-25-12 11:52 AM
    Another quick question, try turning predictive text off, close settings window and turn predictive text back on.

If that doesn't work try a reboot between turning it off and on.

Never had the issue myself though, just some ideas.
    03-25-12 12:34 PM
    It may just be me but I found that feature anoying.

Turn it of adn laern of too splel

just a joke plp
    Mr_Bunny likes this.
    03-25-12 02:18 PM
    Another quick question, try turning predictive text off, close settings window and turn predictive text back on.

If that doesn't work try a reboot between turning it off and on.

Never had the issue myself though, just some ideas.
    As I indicated, previously, mine turned off while I was typing that response(!!). So, it does not appear to be related to Android.

One possibility is that I used the dreaded blue arrow to make a correction. It seems that the predictive text went away after that.

Previously, it bas not come back until I reboot.

I have sent an email to BB Support. Will see what they say.
    03-25-12 03:14 PM
    I've noticed this recently and assumed it was because of the playbook mini keyboard I have... Not sure if that is why it's gone for me... Are you also paired to a BT keyboard?
    03-25-12 05:24 PM
    Well, I've got a number of Android apps installed and using them regularly and I just checked and Predictive was still working.
    03-25-12 06:25 PM
    Discovered this week that predictive text is disabled with mini keyboard on. A Bluetooth conflict? Not sure why this is. Anyone have experience with this?
    05-20-12 02:14 PM
    When using the mini keyboard, there is NO predictive text.
    05-20-12 02:20 PM
    I have bad the same problem. Comes and goes, on occasion. I have never figured out what causes it.

Sorry, no real help other than to show that you are not crazy. To prove this, it just shut off in the middle of typing this.
    Same thing here, comes and goes without changing anything it's behaved well for the last week or so, I hope I don't do anything to p*ss it off again I like it best when it stays on.
    05-20-12 03:48 PM
    Discovered this week that predictive text is disabled with mini keyboard on. A Bluetooth conflict? Not sure why this is. Anyone have experience with this?
    Rim must believe that if you have a "real" keyboard, you must also know how to spell and so don't need the assistance of Predictive Text. Who knows why Rim disabled it when you have the bt keyboard but it is just one more poorly thought out "aid!"
    05-20-12 04:15 PM
    Has anyone heard from Rim ?
    It look like it has the same behaviour as when using a BB Handset . It identifies a spelling mistake, but on the handset, it is corrected by the OS... But there is no OS on a keyboard.

Hope this will be fixed as no spell check is not useful.
    05-26-12 01:09 PM
    I've had the predictive text not work at times and then it will. I've also had where when you touch, like in this box I'm typing in now, that the screen doesn't move up so you can't see what you're typing unless you scroll the screen up.

No bluetooth keyboard, not using remote or even have it enabled and I have bt off when I'm on wifi.
    05-26-12 02:28 PM
    Just received my keyboard yesterday and its unfortunate that the predictive text no longer works but just to let people know after finished typing you can still bring up the on screen keyboard and correct spelling errors.
    05-26-12 03:19 PM
    Mine went away today for the first time. It is turned on in the settings as you say but it just went away in the middle of doing some email. I tried a bunch of things and it just wouldn't come back. So I just did a restart and it is back now and the suggested word is now in blue and bold. Something new happened???

-Barry
    10-10-12 01:25 AM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD