I am having difficulty downloading a ppt file to my PB that attached to an e-mail. Blackberry Bridge works fine downloading doc and xls files, but when I tap the ppt to download the system says it is starting to download and quickly stops. No copy is placed int eh download folder.

Anyone have a fix for this problem?
    06-15-11 06:50 AM
    You are using the Bridge Browser? Is the file being saved on the BB phone?
    06-15-11 08:24 AM
    if it is having download issues then you have a problem with your phone. It might be your phone connection can't handle the size of the file? But all the bridge is doing is mirroring what your phone is doing. I would check the BB bridge files or check the files on your phone and double check that it downloaded or not.
    06-15-11 09:01 AM
    I am not using the Bridge Browser - just Blackberry Bridge for OS5. I am understanding now it may be a phone issue so I need to do a bit of research. Thanks!
    06-15-11 04:44 PM
    if it is having download issues then you have a problem with your phone. It might be your phone connection can't handle the size of the file? But all the bridge is doing is mirroring what your phone is doing. I would check the BB bridge files or check the files on your phone and double check that it downloaded or not.
    Thank you ! I will look into the phone issue.
    06-15-11 04:45 PM
    Check the version of your Bridge app on the phone - it should be 1.0.0.93

I don't know if thats it but good to check.
    06-15-11 04:48 PM
    Yes that is the version I have.

I reduced the file size and now it downloads so the earlier suggestion of a file size limit seems to be on track. Once the presentation went below 3 MB it worked fine.

Thanks to all!
    06-15-11 05:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD