I've had my playbook for a week or so, and absolutely love it, but before i ordered it i was very concerned with the power button, due to every reviewer having problems with it, but i've yet to find anything wrong with it.

This might be my small teenager hands or since it is new, might RIM have changed the design and raised the button?
    07-03-12 03:07 PM
    Never had any problems with the button on mine.
    07-03-12 03:15 PM
    I think that rim may have addressed the issue or there may just be manufacturing toleranaces between units. In some units the button which is already rather small was either flush with the surface or possibly even recessed a tiny bit making it hard to press. While it is not needed often, to do a full reset requires pressing it and the two volume buttons at the same time, The flush or slightly recessed button is nearly impossible to manage in that 3-finger exercise.
    07-03-12 04:16 PM
    I had 2 with flush buttons. One worked with little effort, the other one could not be pressed.
    Sent it to RIM and they sent it back with a functioning raised button.
    They either had taller buttons made or increased the thickness of the rubber membrane under the buttons.

Flush button doesn't mean hard to press. The hard to press buttons must happen during assembly when the rubber piece gets bunched up. If you take one apart its easy to see how this could happen.

Like the rapid charger, this should have never happened. Someone from RIM should be at the factory testing random samples.
    07-03-12 06:42 PM
    I had 2 with flush buttons. One worked with little effort, the other one could not be pressed.
    Sent it to RIM and they sent it back with a functioning raised button.
    They either had taller buttons made or increased the thickness of the rubber membrane under the buttons.

Flush button doesn't mean hard to press. The hard to press buttons must happen during assembly when the rubber piece gets bunched up. If you take one apart its easy to see how this could happen.

Like the rapid charger, this should have never happened. Someone from RIM should be at the factory testing random samples.
    That employee was moved to the bb10 programming line!
    07-03-12 08:24 PM
    Well,welcome to crackberry. Hopefully, by reading posts and using search, all your questions will be provided with answers. Always nice to have another brain in the mix. Cheers
    07-03-12 10:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD