I believe I read the Power ON button has been changed slightly to make it easier to press. Is this true? If so, what are the chances of buying one with the original design? I will probably buy one from Radio Shack and they do not move too many units from what I heard (at least not like Best Buy).

Also, when using the Bridge in a store I noticed it took a long time to display any attachments with an email. I realize transfers are done via bluetooth. Has it gotten any faster with the latest OS? Most PBs in the stores are probably still running the original OS unless a store employee has upgraded it.

Thanks for you comments.

-Rich
    06-25-11 10:26 AM
    got my pb yesterday and the powerbutton is a pain in the *** to push,but i dont use it much anyways.
    swype to turn on and turn it off i use the standby icon in the battery section of the upper bar of the pb,though it would be nice if the button would be easier to push,dont know how the could let something like that out in the market,thats really the first thing you notice using the pb,right atthe moment you turn it on for the first time
    06-25-11 10:35 AM
    The only button change I am aware of was made just prior to the beginning of retail production. People complain about the current button (which still seems to be inconsistent from device to device) but it's nothing like the prototype's button, which was truly recessed beyond belief. Anything you can buy in retail will have the improved button. Whether you like it is another story.
    06-25-11 10:38 AM
    i say you will have to open the boxes and see. Some people say theirs is fine others say that its unuseable. You also have to conisder people have their opinion on "useable" and it might not be the same as yours
    06-25-11 10:46 AM
    Also there was about 1000 playbooks recalled because they were shipped with a beta version of the OS. Crackberry posted all the unit serial numbers, so double check that. I'm positive Radio shack would of sent all units back to RIM but never hurts to be an informed consumer. On that note native pim functions has not been released yet so please don't comeback here saying you can't believe it is not on the device.

for the bridge there have been 2 phone updates for it and the latest update os have improved things greatly I'm sure that is why it is buggy when you use the store unit.
    Last edited by Foreverup; 06-25-11 at 11:09 AM.
    06-25-11 10:51 AM
    wow if all the pb out there have the improved button,then rim did a "great" job improving it
    06-25-11 10:56 AM
    wow if all the pb out there have the improved button,then rim did a "great" job improving it
    from what i understood all of them were shipped with a raised power button, the only one that had the flush button were demo units sent to reviewers and free ones sent to developers for submitting an app. but i could be wrong
    06-25-11 11:13 AM
    yes mine is surely raised about 0.1-0.2mm or so,but you have to push it in the unit till it really responds.Accidently turning on the pb is out off the question with this button.
    06-25-11 11:18 AM
    With the newest OS, just tap the battery icon and you can choose power off, standby or restart. This works just fine for me. I never, EVER, turn off my PlayBook so I have no need to press the actual button to turn it on.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-25-11 11:55 AM
    The power button has flummoxed some folks. I'm thinking that they are expecting instant on/off from it when actually it has a delay probably to prevent accidental tripping of the button.
    06-25-11 11:57 AM
    This has been a major non-issue beaten to death! The power button works fine, instead of trying to stick your finger in the "hole" put your finger flush against it and push down. Before the soft standby button was released, I used it constantly to put mine in standby. It is such a simple design I am surprised people are still having problems with it but I think it is mainly because all these "nonsense" blogs told us we were supposed to

Like someone already said, itsnt an instant on but if you want see how easy it is use it to put your pb in standby mode.
    06-25-11 12:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD