Well, I'm positive I'm not the only one that can say that I've been educated and informed by the members of this forum.
    You can definitely add me to the list of formerly ignorant, but quickly learning people!!

In all seriousness (not that I was joking), I state and restate my appreciation loud and often around here.

And jafobabe, it happened to me the other day, that my thanks button disappeared. Thought of you when it happened.
    rotorwrench and jafobabe like this.
    01-28-12 11:24 PM
    1) You are not buying a business or a house.
    2) If you can't comfortable afford a tablet, don't buy one.
    3) If you don't like the one you got, give it away (see #2).
    4) Realize none of them will be perfect for you.
    5) Buy a PlayBook. it is perfect for everyone.
    It's great you can adopt that attitude but many can't, and just because they can't afford for their tablet purchase to be impulsive or without careful consideration, doesn't mean they shouldn't own one.

Previously owning two small businesses and careful with investments of any nature, I consider it financially irresponsible to make a purchase you will become dependent on let alone use for business or productivity purposes without first becoming as informed as possible about your options, smart business. Even if you can afford a mistake or loss, rolling the dice on such an acquisition is poor business. If you do and it turns out bad for you, you have no right to complain. My opinion.
    jafobabe and cntrydncr223 like this.
    01-28-12 11:43 PM
    I too like my Playbook, but this talk of i-sheep (and presumably a-sheep) is a little like the crow calling the raven black. There is an awful lot of mutual back-slapping and uncritical self-congratulation about the PB, and an equal unthinking and sheep-like criticism of all things Apple and Android. PB does have its faults, and iPad does have its advantages.

I'm very happy indeed with what I own, particularly given what I paid for it, and I'm going to be happier still in February. However, that doesn't make an iPad owner a fool and I do not wish to viewed as a b-sheep, blindly extolling all-things Blackberry.

Horses for courses, folks.
    There are many, many, many threads about every microscopic thing wrong with the handheld, PB, RIM, etc. A quick search will produce positive results on that front. I think it's a completely unfair comment that we are all "mutual back-slapping and uncritical self-congratulation" about anything.

This is a playbook forum and we're not here to sing the praises of other devices, but there are other forums that will focus on that. That said, I'm offended by your blanket comment that we practice "unthinking and sheep-like criticism of all things Apple and Android".

Lastly, I couldn't find where anyone will assume you or anyone else to be a "b-sheep, blindly extolling all-things Blackberry".

I am happy that you like your playbook, but I'm not sure your mostly incorrect and insulting post will win you many friends.
    Last edited by cntrydncr223; 01-28-12 at 11:50 PM.
    jafobabe likes this.
    01-28-12 11:48 PM
    Thanks!! Will Never, ever quit bb or CB!
    LOL I'm sorry, I meant last night don't quit. Congrats now though!!
    cntrydncr223 likes this.
    01-28-12 11:53 PM
    LOL I'm sorry, I meant last night don't quit. Congrats now though!!
    Golly, thanks!
    Funny milestone, eh?
    1000 posts.
    I've learned so much here.
    Don't know many peeps, really, but idolize a few.
    I'm sure I will continue to learn from so many diverse, talented and intelligent people here.

Thanks again.
    rotorwrench and alnamvet68 like this.
    01-29-12 01:11 AM
    nice thread! very well said. i always wanted a playbook since i first saw a sneak peak of them. what finally conviced me was the price however when they went on sale. knowing what i know now i wish i would have bought me at launch regardless of the price. i can't imagine a day without my playbook now
    01-29-12 08:41 AM
    nice thread! very well said. i always wanted a playbook since i first saw a sneak peak of them. what finally conviced me was the price however when they went on sale. knowing what i know now i wish i would have bought me at launch regardless of the price. i can't imagine a day without my playbook now
    Totally!! And welcome aboard!
    01-29-12 12:13 PM
    i completely agree!

I get tired of people telling me that i should get an ipad or an android tablet. i am really happy with the playbook and i cannot wait for OS 2.0!!!
    hpjrt and cntrydncr223 like this.
    01-29-12 07:35 PM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD