I am unable to post pictures to Twitter from the Playbook. I did it as recently as Dec. 29 but now can find no option to do so. I'm completely stumped as to what I am doing/have done wrong. Enlighten me?
    03-11-13 01:51 PM
    That's happening to me a camera icon does come up and i add a picture but the tweet always goes into my drafts, it never actually sends :'( anyone help us??
    04-07-13 09:59 AM
    Lana, which Twitter app are you using? I've tried a few and can't post pics with any of them. Not a clue in this world how I did it just after Christmas or which app I was using at the time
    04-07-13 10:08 AM
    Welcome to the forums both of you!

The Twitter "app" is only a web launcher that will take you to mobile.twitter.com. It isn't an app, and the mobile interface doesn't allow for direct image uploads.

As a workaround, I suggest either downloading Simple Browser Free (set the browse id to Firefox) and using the desktop version OR sideloading one of the many twitter clients out there. There are also a few Twitter clients in BlackBerry World.

For sideloading, I think that this is the easiest way: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/d...hrome-ntp-icon
    Last edited by diegonei; 01-04-14 at 06:01 PM.
    gypsynash likes this.
    04-07-13 10:54 AM
    Thanks so much, diegonei. As is painfully obvious, I'm a total newbie and have yet to master much beyond the Playbook basics but will be sure and recruit someone more knowledgeable than myself to help me employ your suggestions!
    diegonei likes this.
    04-07-13 11:22 AM
    There is a really good Twitter app called Blaq for $2.99. It works very well and uploading pictures is extremely easy. You just click Upload Photo and then your Pictures menu opens and you choose which picture you want to use.

Posted via CB10
    gypsynash likes this.
    04-07-13 12:32 PM
    There is a really good Twitter app called Blaq for $2.99. It works very well and uploading pictures is extremely easy. You just click Upload Photo and then your Pictures menu opens and you choose which picture you want to use.

I wish, Blaq seemingly adds the picture Tweets but neither the Tweet or the picture appear in the timeline

Posted via CB10
    06-20-13 02:03 PM
    Okay so I am confused! Help me out lol? Every time I try to download stuff like this (Google Chrome, Itunes,
    01-04-14 03:18 PM
    But it won't let me download anything from the browser!what do I do? Nothing is working. How do you get Google Chrome on PlayBook anyways?! Help!
    01-04-14 03:20 PM
    But it won't let me download anything from the browser!what do I do? Nothing is working. How do you get Google Chrome on PlayBook anyways?! Help!
    You don't. Chrome is not available and the ported Android app won't work.

As for downloading stuff. What stuff? This is a thread about twitter btw... And welcome to the forums!
    01-04-14 06:02 PM
    I use Origami browser (available on bb world) with firefox user agent and you can use the full twitter desktop site on the playbook, it is great!!
    01-04-14 06:56 PM
    Google Chrome browser will not run on the PB as far as I know. You can use Origami browser and set it to Google as the search engine and sign into Google+ if you wish. You can often download images from the browser and you can save links, urls etc.

It is possible to sign into Google+ from Origami and access many of the Google features. It is also possible to geg the Android browser to run using Ghost Commander but it is not really too useful.
    Attached Thumbnails Posting pics to Twitter-uploadfromtaptalk1388889773549.jpg  
    01-04-14 08:43 PM
    Google Chrome requires Android 4.0 or above. The playbook has Android 2.3.3.

The basuic Android browser that comes with the PB can be set up to run in the PB browser which allows saving to desktop,

Save the site you find to the desktop and you can access it easily.
    Last edited by jpash549; 01-07-14 at 10:22 PM.
    01-05-14 01:13 AM
    Another url can be set up for classic view.
    Last edited by jpash549; 01-07-14 at 10:23 PM.
    01-05-14 01:38 AM