hi all,
    need your advice on this.
    i got two PB 32gb from staples. both of them have dusts under the screen. i called Staples and request an exchange, but they don't have any in stock. They can only process a return if i wanted to return. However, I prefer an exchange.

Would that considered as cosmetic defect?
    Do you guys think RIM would honor an exchange in this case?
    12-05-11 01:54 AM
    hi all,
    need your advice on this.
    i got two PB 32gb from staples. both of them have dusts under the screen. i called Staples and request an exchange, but they don't have any in stock. They can only process a return if i wanted to return. However, I prefer an exchange.

Would that considered as cosmetic defect?
    Do you guys think RIM would honor an exchange in this case?
    People have been given a new unit with the problem that you have, but most of them were at the store they bought the unit form. Now with the out of stock status everywhere its a problem to get a replacement. I suggest you call RIM customer care and plead your case, they are very good I have heard
    If you dont try you will never know !!!
    All the best.
    sqa4life likes this.
    12-05-11 05:45 AM
    I read this hoping it was referring to a possible MS Exchange topic but meh it was just poor english.
    12-05-11 07:24 AM
    Rim Support
    Tel:
    Canada Toll Free: 1-877-644-8405
    United States Toll Free: 1-877-644-8410
    Puerto Rico Toll Free: 1-855-651-4936
    Email: playbooksupport@blackberry.com
    sqa4life likes this.
    12-05-11 09:48 AM
    Thanks.

I was able to contact RIM and they're sending me a replacement. They put a hold on my credit card until they received my return unit.

RIM provided excellent/fast customer service.
    12-05-11 03:08 PM
    I read this hoping it was referring to a possible MS Exchange topic but meh it was just poor english.
    The subject line DID NOT mention "MS" or "Microsoft" exchange :-)
    Thanks for reading though :-)
    12-05-11 03:10 PM
    i got mine from future shop, had same problem, i took it back when they restocked, they were out of 32G, so i exchanged for 64G. extra $100
    12-05-11 03:32 PM
    The subject line DID NOT mention "MS" or "Microsoft" exchange :-)
    Thanks for reading though :-)
    Hey, we folks in the pacific northWET (northWET Wasington) are so waterlogged that we can't type English very well.
    12-05-11 04:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD