A previous user hit it on the head... using your BB phone keyboard/screen to control the Playbook via the Bluetooth Bridge in presentation mode. Now that would be AWESOME for doing presentations.

I have a Torch 9810 and would like to use my Playbook to do presentations. So I would simply connect the Playbook HDMI out to a projector, and use my Torch phone in the hand to flip through the slide show (either by sliding my finger across the screen or "waving it" in which case the internal accelerometers in the phone would function like an air mouse). Then I could pack light.... Playbook and Torch phone (which I take with me everywhere anyways). NO LAPTOP needed! I could go to any conference hall, plug in the Playbook and away we go!!!

Now that would be a KILLER APP! I hope RIM is listening to this!
    Last edited by edyb; 11-27-11 at 08:18 PM.
    elshaman likes this.
    11-27-11 08:15 PM
    I'm pretty sure I mentioned this in a thread a day or so after the April 19 launch.
    11-27-11 08:25 PM
    Just as an update to this thread, there is something very cool coming soon that's better than this keyboard, and its not the keyboard we've seen the cop car.
    Quite frankly this is the kind of thing that has gotten RIM in trouble as far as I'm concerned. Covert promises, vague indications and expecting everyone to keep hanging on because of something said. It's a keyboard for god sake, show what it is, give an approximate date and then people can make a decision to wait or get something else.
    11-27-11 08:47 PM
    Does any BT keyboard work on the Playbook? I'm just looking for one to take notes and write up reports.
    11-27-11 08:55 PM
    Quite frankly this is the kind of thing that has gotten RIM in trouble as far as I'm concerned. Covert promises, vague indications and expecting everyone to keep hanging on because of something said. It's a keyboard for god sake, show what it is, give an approximate date and then people can make a decision to wait or get something else.

Yup it was supposed to be released already, but they decided not to include it until OS 2.0, I dont know why...
    Nonpareil likes this.
    11-27-11 09:08 PM
    Thanks for the link to Crackle.com is works great on the pb
    11-28-11 12:30 AM
    so can anyone reccommend a keyboard without the trackpad and without rubber keys that works well with the playbook? pretty please?
    11-30-11 12:12 PM
    so can anyone reccommend a keyboard without the trackpad and without rubber keys that works well with the playbook? pretty please?
    You can poke around here for a few ideas.

I'm taking a flyer to try out the $40 keyboard/case combo for the PB for a 32BG I just bought. The same unit is available other places including Amazon for quite a bit more.
    11-30-11 11:11 PM
    I'm using an HP Touchpad Keyboard which can be had for a reasonable price right now, everything works except for the hot keys. I've also heard people using an Apple keyboard as well. You can most likely use any bluetooth keyboard that you like with the playbook.
    12-01-11 01:45 AM
    Does not having an ESCAPE key on the touchpad Keyboard hinder its usage at all? I've been close to picking one up as they're fairly cheap in the UK, either that or one of the folding Freedom Pro boards...
    12-01-11 02:06 AM
    im looking for one thats seriously mini. not the ipad-width ones. i want oen i can put into my pocket and pull it out when i need to churn out an email. i've used the rubber ipad ones and those seriously are not that great for messaging. maybe quick tweet posting and thats about it. and thanks for the link to pandawill. unfortunately i cant seem to find much and their serach engine is srsly terribad. cant find anything without wading through too many pages
    12-01-11 02:48 AM
    my logitech BT keyboard with built in pad works flawlessly.
    12-01-11 03:15 AM
    Okay, I have a question: Why use a BT mouse / trackpad function if you can use the Playbook as the mousepad?

In that way you can use a keyboard with a larger keyboard area for the same overall size.

This is a serious question BTW, as this is the setup I am thinking of once I sort out the charger stand and HDMI connection
    12-01-11 07:16 AM
    what about something for lefties?
    I can't deal with a trackpad on the right side...
    12-01-11 10:14 AM
    still looking for one either big enough for touch typing or small enough for thumbtyping - these look wide (remember, I find the 9900 keyboard a bit wide)
    12-03-11 09:41 PM
    Use BlackBerry SmartPhone as a wireless keyboard for the PlayBook was one of the options that a survey for RIM had.
    I'm hoping for the best. And hoping they do TrackPad as well.
    12-03-11 10:02 PM
    A cheaper option for those who don't need the touchpad (wouldn't be surprised if all these keyboards were from a similar chinese manufacturer anyhow).

$18.80 - Mini Bluetooth Keyboard for Android/WinCE/Nokia Symbian S60 Cellphones (Black) - Phone Gadgets

Note that these are rubberized keys, so it will likely take more force to press than a chiclet or similar keyboard, just because that's the nature of rubberized keys.
    did it work with ur pb with the last OS?
    12-06-11 04:40 PM
    Use BlackBerry SmartPhone as a wireless keyboard for the PlayBook was one of the options that a survey for RIM had.
    I'm hoping for the best. And hoping they do TrackPad as well.
    This would be so cool . . .
    12-06-11 05:31 PM
    Just like Kevin had in his first video of the playbook hooked up to his apple keyboard and mouse. I would like to find one full size like that which is compatible to the playbook but I want them in black. If it wasn't for Apple's accessories being white I would have ordered the set Kevin has. Any suggestions?
    12-17-11 08:32 PM
45 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD