So I have been reading a lot of the posts from Playbook owners, and it seems that the biggest thing they are looking for (myself included) is to restore BlackBerry Bridge to it's former glory. After lots of thought on this, I have thought of a solution that might please everyone. Why not release an update that would in essence turn the PlayBook into a dumb terminal for BB10 devices? Display, sound, and input solution for the BB10 device! Think about it, you would have complete access to all the features of BB10 accessed through the playbook!
    Kevmobile and Carl Estes like this.
    07-22-13 11:41 AM
    That's a good idea. But with the new progress to be able to root the PB I'm like that avenue better.
    07-22-13 11:51 AM
    So I have been reading a lot of the posts from Playbook owners, and it seems that the biggest thing they are looking for (myself included) is to restore BlackBerry Bridge to it's former glory. After lots of thought on this, I have thought of a solution that might please everyone. Why not release an update that would in essence turn the PlayBook into a dumb terminal for BB10 devices? Display, sound, and input solution for the BB10 device! Think about it, you would have complete access to all the features of BB10 accessed through the playbook!
    That seems to be TH's grand view for the future for mobile computing, e.g. no more standalone tablets. According to him, he didn't think it would be possible for 5 years...
    07-22-13 12:17 PM
    I would be happy to see this.

Posted via CB10 & my Z10
    07-22-13 01:01 PM
    That seems to be TH's grand view for the future for mobile computing, e.g. no more standalone tablets. According to him, he didn't think it would be possible for 5 years...
    Are you serious 5 years? If that's true BlackBerry is in more trouble than I thought. I expected more integration between the PlayBook and a BB10 phone not less. I was expecting it to be this amazing thing that could act solo or as an extension of the phone and be the most amazing combo in the tech world. I wanted to be able to share information from one device to another seamlessly but instead I got none of that.

I want to see BB10 on a tablet and I want the integration between it and a BB10 phone to be on every level and feature possible. I don't want to depend on cloud services to sync my tablet and my phone, I want them to communicate and interact with one another and that's what I thought we were going to get.

I don't know what TH is thinking but integration between tablet and phone is a must and it has to happen within this year not 5 years down the road.
    07-22-13 01:19 PM
    I'm sure with every other platform moving that way BB will too.
    07-22-13 01:19 PM
    Many PB users are using their tablet without a BB device. That cant be the only solution.
    playbook_swiper1 likes this.
    07-22-13 08:26 PM
    Are you serious 5 years? If that's true BlackBerry is in more trouble than I thought. I expected more integration between the PlayBook and a BB10 phone not less. I was expecting it to be this amazing thing that could act solo or as an extension of the phone and be the most amazing combo in the tech world. I wanted to be able to share information from one device to another seamlessly but instead I got none of that.

I want to see BB10 on a tablet and I want the integration between it and a BB10 phone to be on every level and feature possible. I don't want to depend on cloud services to sync my tablet and my phone, I want them to communicate and interact with one another and that's what I thought we were going to get.

I don't know what TH is thinking but integration between tablet and phone is a must and it has to happen within this year not 5 years down the road.
    I like this vision of what could be. I have much of this now with my torch plus interface with my Outlook. I wont give any of it up for more apps or games though.
    07-23-13 02:43 PM
    Many PB users are using their tablet without a BB device. That cant be the only solution.
    For those users, you maintain the status quo. My solution was for resolving the lack of bridge services.
    Carl Estes likes this.
    07-29-13 11:54 AM