I am curious if it's possible to print from a PB to any WiFi-enabled printer. For example, since Docs2Go is on the PB, can you print a .doc file? I know the iPad can do this but only with certain printers.

Thanks.
    01-03-12 01:30 PM
    Yes if you have an hp eprint printer you can set up an email account with hp and then you send the document as an attachment to the email address you have set up.

I talked about how to do it in a previous post titled "you can print from playbook." here is a link you can use to get to it.

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...aybook-672171/
    ralfyguy and Hgouck like this.
    01-03-12 02:02 PM
    Thanks, I wouldn't have posted this thread had I seen yours that you reference above but a search of this forum using "playbook print" did not return any appropriate results for me. Thanks. So I guess other than Google Cloud Print, unless you're using an HP printer, it won't work, right? I have a Canon WiFi Pixma.
    01-03-12 02:24 PM
    any WiFi printer should work. They create an Email address unique to your printer. Just copy that address to your contacts, lable printer, and email what you want printed to that address. Even if you are not there ( where the printer is) it will be there when you get there. I do this all the time. When I get to my office it is there.
    Scotter75 likes this.
    01-03-12 02:32 PM
    any WiFi printer should work. They create an Email address unique to your printer. Just copy that address to your contacts, lable printer, and email what you want printed to that address. Even if you are not there ( where the printer is) it will be there when you get there. I do this all the time. When I get to my office it is there.
    Can you please let me know where to locate this printer email. I use a Canon with wifi printing ability.
    Thanks for your time.
    01-03-12 02:46 PM
    Can you please let me know where to locate this printer email. I use a Canon with wifi printing ability.
    Thanks for your time.
    So do I, and I'm unable to find any documentation on whether this printer has such functionality. I have a hunch that it's not a Canon-support feature.
    01-03-12 03:01 PM
    Giving this a bump. Does anyone have more info on being able to print to other printers that arent HP?
    02-05-12 09:59 PM
    You know. A simple webserver with an 'upload your file' setup could easily be made to print items from the playbook.

Maybe I'll make a drop in add on or something.
    02-06-12 12:40 AM
    Someone in another "wireless print thread" pointed out that if you have wifi-sharing on: In Windows Explorer (maybe a mac equivalent), you can locate a file on the pb, RIGHT CLICK and select PRINT from the context menu. It will print to the printer attached to your computer. I just tested it again and it worked. You do NOT get any printer options - it just prints. So you cannot, for instance, print selected pages or change your default printer. It just prints whatever that document was without further intervention.
    bounce007 likes this.
    02-06-12 08:50 AM
    Someone in another "wireless print thread" pointed out that if you have wifi-sharing on: In Windows Explorer (maybe a mac equivalent), you can locate a file on the pb, RIGHT CLICK and select PRINT from the context menu. It will print to the printer attached to your computer. I just tested it again and it worked. You do NOT get any printer options - it just prints. So you cannot, for instance, print selected pages or change your default printer. It just prints whatever that document was without further intervention.
    Thank you F2.
    Last edited by bounce007; 09-03-12 at 02:06 PM.
    09-03-12 02:01 PM
    There is also an app called "print" in app world. It requires a small program to be installed on the PC connected to the printer. It allows you to initiate the print command from the PB.
    09-03-12 06:57 PM
    There is also an app called "print" in app world. It requires a small program to be installed on the PC connected to the printer. It allows you to initiate the print command from the PB.
    How well does it work in practice?
    09-04-12 04:01 AM
    It works, but like the method F2 mentioned, it will print with the default printer settings.
    Just choose the file on your PB and it starts printing. It will wake up the PC when it gets the command which is nice.
    09-04-12 06:41 AM
    It works, but like the method F2 mentioned, it will print with the default printer settings.
    Just choose the file on your PB and it starts printing. It will wake up the PC when it gets the command which is nice.
    My company-supplied home computer locks (needs a password) if idle for 20 mins. Will it still print even if locked? Many thanks.
    09-04-12 09:06 AM
    That I don't know.
    09-04-12 09:30 AM
    That I don't know.
    Thanks for getting back.

ANYONE know the answer?? Many thanks.
    09-04-12 09:32 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD