Basically, a sideloaded app isn't working with an error indicating that the URL / playbook isn't found.

I don't really understand why but I am guessing this is maybe this is because the app is reading that it is a Playbook accessing the content and that is not on the approved list f devices.

Is there a way to get round this either by not telling the app it is a playbook or by telling it it is an android device etc??

[Should add this is on a free android app..., but the app was previously working, but not anymore!]
    Last edited by amiteo; 06-29-12 at 09:58 AM. Reason: additional information
    06-29-12 09:56 AM
    You might say what the app is as that could help others define the issue.

There are 3rd party Browsers that allow you to mask the pb's identity so that site's think you are using IE or Firefox, chrome, etc. If that would help.
    06-29-12 11:40 AM
    It's the FT app, but didn't know if it affected other apps so left it as a generic request.

Masking the identity of the PB at a browser level might not help with apps though so wondering if there is some kind of setting which would help?
    06-29-12 12:34 PM
    Actually, having a think about it, I wonder if there's a setting in the android player that can be tweaked to solve this - anyone know if this is possible?
    07-03-12 06:03 AM
    It may need more than just masquerading as a different browser. The OS is reported as well. I don't know of anything for the PB that can masquerade as a different OS.

check out What browser am I using? Which Operating System am I running?
    07-03-12 09:20 AM
    It may need more than just masquerading as a different browser. The OS is reported as well. I don't know of anything for the PB that can masquerade as a different OS.

Ouch. Interesting Site, but not very accurate. The second pic is the result I got running the PB native browser. The first is when running Maxthon, an android browser.
    07-03-12 09:37 AM

That's a fair point, but I'm wondering if it is actually an adjustment that needs to be made at the 'android player' level rather than browser now??
    07-03-12 09:45 AM
    Things like Simple Browser etc can change the string reported by the browser (agent) when connecting, but there are other methods to detect if you are running a mobile device for instance. Media Queries can detect screen size as just one possibility.
    07-03-12 09:48 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD