It seems that my Playbook needs an exorcism!
    The battery had died really dead and when I charged it up it kind of freaks out as if someone else is pressing on the screen/keyboard!

It has never been mistreated, wet, bashed or anything else so I figure it has to be something that has gone bad.
    It might be easier to get a priest to do an exorcism than it is finding support for the Playbook!

Any suggestions or recommendations would be greatly appreciated!
    Thanks in advance!
    11-20-13 10:33 AM
    The battery had died really dead and when I charged it up it kind of freaks out as if someone else is pressing on the screen/keyboard!

It has never been mistreated, wet, bashed or anything else so I figure it has to be something that has gone bad.
    It might be easier to get a priest to do an exorcism than it is finding support for the Playbook!

Thanks in advance!
    LMAO ROFL , sorry i cant help , but i do hope u find help , ppl here usually know a way around everything
    11-20-13 10:39 AM
    what do you mean when you say "like someone is pressing the screen"?
    are apps launching on their own? have your tried conditioning the battery?
    Doing a hard reboot?
    11-20-13 10:39 AM
    Plug it somewhere else and or move to another room. Does it still do it?
    FF22 and Carl Estes like this.
    11-20-13 10:41 AM

Thanks in advance!
    Hi, haz you any droid appz sideloadeds. Itz happen to mees wonce and its craziness. Screen sets off likes ten personz iz pressing it but itz not a bigg deel. If you haz any droidery apps loded get rid of thems. reset playbooks and just carry on az normal. (not likes me does). Hope helps
    Carl Estes likes this.
    11-20-13 10:46 AM
    what do you mean when you say "like someone is pressing the screen"?
    are apps launching on their own? have your tried conditioning the battery?
    Doing a hard reboot?
    Hard boot, Yes.
    Conditioning the battery, never heard of that one, how does one do it?
    11-20-13 11:02 AM
    Use Advanced App Manager from BB World to check nd see if any droid devils are active. Also get Battery Guru fr about a buck to see what your battery is doing
    11-20-13 11:03 AM
    Hard boot, Yes.
    Conditioning the battery, never heard of that one, how does one do it?
    It's called a stack charge.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...aybook-741383/
    11-20-13 11:48 AM
    Hi, haz you any droid appz sideloadeds. Itz happen to mees wonce and its craziness. Screen sets off likes ten personz iz pressing it but itz not a bigg deel. If you haz any droidery apps loded get rid of thems. reset playbooks and just carry on az normal. (not likes me does). Hope helps
    Seriously. Typing like this is dumb.
    11-20-13 11:49 AM
    I am dumb. do you know me cauze I donts know youze? I likes you tho I doez!
    Carl Estes likes this.
    11-20-13 01:02 PM
    Hi, one of my mains usb charger makes my playbook do that, try a different charger, I think it was a BB phone charger.
    11-20-13 02:55 PM
    As suggested, move to another circuit in your house - separate from microwave or plasma tv or away from those devices or try another charger.
    Carl Estes and kbz1960 like this.
    11-21-13 12:10 AM
    As suggested, move to another circuit in your house - separate from microwave or plasma tv or away from those devices or try another charger.
    Wot?
    11-21-13 11:36 AM

Thanks in advance!
    Just curious. My Playbook does the same thing, around the top of the screen in the bezel area its not very firm. I noticed a little play when I pushed on it last night and just as I suspected, it started doing that exorcist thing. Mine has been doing the flashy, screen not working thing for a week now. Let me know what you find out please. Thanks.
    11-21-13 01:47 PM
    Use original playbook charger.. or alternative BlackBerry 9900 charger.. also a factory reset works like a charm sometimes..

Posted via BlackBerry Q5
    11-21-13 01:59 PM
    Look at his name...

Proud owner of Q10, Z10 and Z30
    11-21-13 02:00 PM
    Okay here is the latest update on what I have tried;
    Hard reboot ... Yes
    Security wipe ... was a challenge to get Blackberry in as the evil tablet kept erasing letters but I got it done!
    Software upgrade ... another challenge but it is done!

My Playbook is still possessed, it sits there kind of cycling the menu up and down.
    I don't think that android apps are an issue since the wipe and upgrade would pretty much clean anything out.
    I don't think I have a battery issue since it does charge and boots up okay.

So do I have to find a priest or does someone have any other suggestions?
    Thanks again for the help!
    11-21-13 03:17 PM
    Hard reboot ... Yes
    Security wipe ... was a challenge to get Blackberry in as the evil tablet kept erasing letters but I got it done!

My Playbook is still possessed, it sits there kind of cycling the menu up and down.
    I don't think that android apps are an issue since the wipe and upgrade would pretty much clean anything out.

Gift it to me.. I like possed stuff.. reminds me of my early exorcism days ^_^

Posted via BlackBerry Q5
    11-21-13 03:58 PM
    SOM,,, what the h3ll happened to you,,, did you go full gangster??? i thought you were an educated man....
    Carl Estes and sad_old_man like this.
    11-22-13 05:00 AM
    Agree on this, once i have my BB place on top of the pb, weird things happen, apps openning itself and the likes. Spooky

Z10 10.2.0.1767
    Carl Estes likes this.
    11-22-13 05:07 AM
    As suggested earlier in this thread my Playbook is doing the same thing, appearing possessed or as if someone or thing is controlling it. If you are having this problem please try everything the others suggested as they might solve the problems you're having. But if you sometimes carry your Playbook in your back pocket you could have unintentionally loosened the Playbook around the bezel/screen frame. How do I know this? I can press on my screen between the camera and the power indicator light and I get all of the symptoms the OP stated in opening this thread. I did have my screen replaced at least 6 moths ago but up until now I've never experienced anything like this. My Playbook is a 2 or 3 years old, and I don't have a solution at this time, it was just something I noticed and started searching the threads to see if anyone else was having this problem. Try it and let me know what you experience. Peace.
    Carl Estes likes this.
    11-22-13 06:52 AM
    SOM,,, what the h3ll happened to you,,, did you go full gangster??? i thought you were an educated man....
    That's an outright malicious rumour being spread around by the cat, or the mouse, or the lizard but I am here to assure you that I have never been found guilty of being or acting in any way educational. Thank you for your concern.
    11-22-13 07:15 AM
    As suggested earlier in this thread my Playbook is doing the same thing, appearing possessed or as if someone or thing is controlling it. If you are having this problem please try everything the others suggested as they might solve the problems you're having. But if you sometimes carry your Playbook in your back pocket you could have unintentionally loosened the Playbook around the bezel/screen frame. How do I know this? I can press on my screen between the camera and the power indicator light and I get all of the symptoms the OP stated in opening this thread. I did have my screen replaced at least 6 moths ago but up until now I've never experienced anything like this. My Playbook is a 2 or 3 years old, and I don't have a solution at this time, it was just something I noticed and started searching the threads to see if anyone else was having this problem. Try it and let me know what you experience. Peace.
    Stare at it for 5 minutes and tell it you are Legion..then roll your eyes in a freaky mode to show your are serious..

Posted via BlackBerry Q5
    world saviour likes this.
    11-22-13 08:48 AM
    Hard reboot ... Yes

Did you ever move to a different location? Does it do it even when not plugged in?
    11-22-13 09:01 AM
    Did you ever move to a different location? Does it do it even when not plugged in?
    That's funny! Very very funny. Courtesy of your government I've accumulated more air miles than Obama? You lot just seem incapable of making a decision and sticking to it?
    Carl Estes likes this.
    11-22-13 09:23 AM
38 12