View Poll Results: Will you be patient and positive and wait?

Voters
115. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, whatever date in February its released, I'm happy.

108 93.91%
  • Only till the 21st. Then I'm done.

1 0.87%
  • They got until the 17th. No further.

4 3.48%
  • The 1st or else its going down the groundhog hole on the 2nd.

2 1.74%
02-02-12 12:29 AM
29 12
tools
    I'll join your pool. I'll say... 4.5 hours ago... What do I win?

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-2-0-a-693503/

50 million dollars on deposit I have in 32nd National Bank of Nigeria, but please to send me firs 5000 dollars for legal and proceesing.

Sorry, I couldn't resist. One of my many professional duties is an email administrator and I see.too many of these, I guess.
    02-01-12 02:05 AM
    Well you can count on me not to start any RIM bashing threads, or jump on any "wasted my money" band wagons... no sirreeeeeeeeeeee, not me.

I'm so happy with my device. I just got rooted last night, mostly to see if I could understand and follow all 14 pages of instructions (ok, well, it sure felt like it).

I worked on it from 3 pm yesterday till 4 am. 11 hours. I'd say that's not too bad, since most everyone was asleep and there wasn't much traffic in here to ask questions. Besides, I only got this baby 3 weeks or so ago (geezzz, what kind of mother am I not to recall the EXACT moment my baby was born??? egads!!).

Anywhoooooo, like jafobabe said, I learn more about it each day and I'm really appreciating these forums.
    Wow...

10 char
    02-01-12 03:57 AM
    Actually you stated that you got rooted. I was curious about what kind of access did you get and.what more did you learn about yourself.

Seriously though, with all the.positive reports I have seen and being the geek that I am I may have to try rooting my PB before the 2.0 release just to check it out for myself.
    I am rooted. But I only utilize it (so far) to load Android apps. I've done a bit of snooping while I had it open, but I'm not knowledgable enough to handle that. Fortunately, I'm HUGE on internet searching for answers, and most of the time, I can find a solution or work around. Failing that, my brother is a computer GEEK (teaches, builds, programs), so a call to him usually will net results. (He's disappointed when my questions don't require 3 days of head banging to get the answer, LOL)

Actually, I was so tired from working on it all night, and then spent all day today catching up, I haven't had time to worry about anything more.

I can learn if there are clear directions, but this was hard for me. These are the instructions I used. I tried the dingle 3.xx but it didn't work, so I went the long way.

http://forums.crackberry.com/playboo...aybook-686568/

I've skimmed the threads on USB host on a rooted PB (http://forums.crackberry.com/playboo...aybook-678095/), but quite frankly, it scares me. It takes so much brain power, I can only tackle one at a time...

Then, there's always the chance it won't be necessary in 2 weeks, either process.

They say, you have to re-root if you wipe and upgrade. There's a lot of debate on whether or not that's necessary. I probably will. So doing this, for me, was (hard, long and frustrating) practice.

I'm just working my nerve up...

I'm sure that was probably more than you wanted to know, since I didn't really address your question. Goes to show, I really am tired.

I wish you lots of luck with your rooting! BTW, it was worth it. Just to say I did it, I figured it out. For me, that's a lot.
    02-02-12 12:26 AM
    Wow...

10 char
    Sorry, what's 10 char?

Edit: found the answer (search is your friend...)

"what does 10char mean?^
    If you don't write/type more than 10 characters your post won't, well, post.
    " (http://forums.crackberry.com/archive...?t-604467.html)

And now that you highlighted that, and I re-do my math (couldn't find my calculator the first time ), I see that I worked on it for 13 hours, not 11. Then add in a full day of loading apps and tweaking on 4 hours of sleep...
    Last edited by cntrydncr223; 02-02-12 at 12:35 AM.
    02-02-12 12:29 AM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD