View Poll Results: Will you be patient and positive and wait?

Voters
115. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, whatever date in February its released, I'm happy.

108 93.91%
  • Only till the 21st. Then I'm done.

1 0.87%
  • They got until the 17th. No further.

4 3.48%
  • The 1st or else its going down the groundhog hole on the 2nd.

2 1.74%
    Rant log: 2012.31

It's January 31st. It's less than 9 hours before it's February EST. This is the month we PlayBook owners and enthusiasts have been waiting for. Some more patient than others. I say that because already I've seen one negative thread arguing that because it's February in eastern Asia, RIM is late. Really? Thankfully, that thread was locked, quick. This, however, is going to be positive as I ask all of my fellow crackberrians for one thing....patience.
    On the eve of this much long awaited update, RIM made moves. And boy, we're they big ones! There's a new captain at the helm. We had 2 who were Christopher Pike but now we got a Kirk. He came right out and addressed the nation, admit previous mistakes, and has a plan for the future.
    Set phasers on rock and roll.
    Now here we are. The end of January. From tweets yesterday by Alex Saunders, we know the release is basically right around the corner. We know it won't be February 1st. Actually, a lot of people have seemed to forgotten that as of right now, there IS NO official release date yet. There have been rumors of the 17th and the 21st. But here's the thing: those are just rumors. With all the bashing of the device, and mostly the company itself, running rampant, I already expect a whole lot of hate come tomorrow afternoon, and again twice over if the rumored dates come and pass with no update. We are going to have some busy mods. Kevin might even turn big and green and Incredible Hulk everyone. I wouldn't blame him. But here's an idea:
    We've waited this long. What's wrong with 2-4 more weeks?
    We're getting features that will make the PB more gangsta than ever and with more to come down the road. This thing does already what other tablets don't. But just to jump on the hate bandwagon it gets called "paperweight", "a toy", a "waste of tech". Then why buy one in the first place? Because those users, just like the enthusiasts, knows what's coming. Just like an NYC subway train, chances are it may be late. But it will get you there. And during those delays on the subway, I have my PlayBook to pass the time. In this case, we all have our PlayBooks to pass the time.
    It's a phenomenal device! No one can really deny that. Those who have honestly compare it to other tablets be it by use or honest unbiased research can attest to that. The reviews of 2.0 have been a breath of fresh air we haven't seen in a long time. It may not have been the so-called "iPad killer" from jump, but as another member here stated (I wish I remembered their screen name) " the PB is still just a baby. It's growing. All in its 7" screen goodness.
    Even Star Trek's "the Borg" knows assimilation takes time. And just like them, Heines knows this must also be done efficient and within said time.
    So please, come tomorrow morning and every morning unfilled the update, I ask all to please think twice before you post your hate for the PlayBook. "Don't hate the PlayBook, hate the game". A game that some love to play dispite facts figures and testimonies from the many who have patience, and can already see what this device does. And what it will do in the coming weeks. Tomorrow morning, I hope to see threads and posts showing excitement, hopes and wonder about what's to come from us anxiously awaiting users who can't wait to get the great 2.0 goodness but will. Because it will be worth it.
    Oh it will be worth it and you will comply.
    Patience is relevant.
    Resistance is Futile.
    01-31-12 02:57 PM
    Well said...
    01-31-12 03:09 PM
    I really don't care what date it's released! I have until April 2012 to get the OS 2.0 so I can use my PB solve my one hundred page Quantum Physics problem for work. I really don't see what the big deal is I can still do all the things I need to do on the current OS, OS 2.0 is just the cherry on top.
    jafobabe, calles, diegonei and 3 others like this.
    01-31-12 03:11 PM
    Since I purchased my PB relatively recently, I have not been as frustrated as others who paid full price and waited for stated deadlines only to be disappointed--so I'm fine with waiting.

However, I do believe that someone who paid $700 for a 64GB playbook that were promised updates in the summer has a right to be upset -- and not as laid back and patient as the rest of us who bought a 64GB PB recently for $299 or less.

Anyway, I don't need my PB to be "gansta". I do not want to be beaten and robbed by my PB in a dark alley. I hope those features are not added--but the rest is fine.
    01-31-12 03:12 PM
    "However, I do believe that someone who paid $700 for a 64GB playbook that were promised updates in the summer has a right to be upset -- and not as laid back and patient as the rest of us who bought a 64GB PB recently for $299 or less"

Couldnt have said it better myself!
    01-31-12 03:16 PM
    My PB is super excellent as is with the OFFICIAL non-Beta OS. That said, it's a gift that we are getting a snazzier OS sometime this month, and I'm sure I will be just as thrilled as a sugared up man with satyriasis in a dorm filled with hypoglycemic coeds at Radcliffe College, once it's released.
    01-31-12 03:22 PM
    I can't guarantee patience, but I will be positive and wait...
    hpjrt, Willard814 and jafobabe like this.
    01-31-12 03:43 PM
    I've waited this long, whats a couple of extra weeks. Its going to be like a NEW tablet but more refined ......I'm ok with any release date in Feb. My PlayBook has served me well, not great, but well since May and I understood the growing pains when I embarked on this Blackberry tablet mission.
    jafobabe and Willard814 like this.
    01-31-12 03:43 PM
    I'm ok with waiting these few long weeks (well it seems like it). I have enjoyed my PB with the Official OS, since purchasing my first one in September, and every day I learn of more uses. These threads are so imformative!
    alnamvet68 and hpjrt like this.
    01-31-12 04:07 PM
    I figure, I pre-ordered new technology. I've used as is since. I can easily wait a little bit longer for this new OS. It will be like a brand new Playbook all over again! The dawn of the "New" Playbook era is amongst us!
    01-31-12 04:14 PM
    wooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!

hopefully it is worth the wait
    01-31-12 04:17 PM
    Well you can count on me not to start any RIM bashing threads, or jump on any "wasted my money" band wagons... no sirreeeeeeeeeeee, not me.

I'm so happy with my device. I just got rooted last night, mostly to see if I could understand and follow all 14 pages of instructions (ok, well, it sure felt like it).

I worked on it from 3 pm yesterday till 4 am. 11 hours. I'd say that's not too bad, since most everyone was asleep and there wasn't much traffic in here to ask questions. Besides, I only got this baby 3 weeks or so ago (geezzz, what kind of mother am I not to recall the EXACT moment my baby was born??? egads!!).

Anywhoooooo, like jafobabe said, I learn more about it each day and I'm really appreciating these forums.
    01-31-12 04:55 PM
    Maybe we should start a pool on how soon after midnight some posts the first "well it's February, where's the 2.0 update?"

I've got 00:00:01.
    01-31-12 05:20 PM
    Well you can count on me not to start any RIM bashing threads, or jump on any "wasted my money" band wagons... no sirreeeeeeeeeeee, not me.

I'm so happy with my device. I just got rooted last night, mostly to see if I could understand and follow all 14 pages of instructions (ok, well, it sure felt like it).
    You got rooted, boy that Dingleberry is more powerful than I thought. What does it give you access too?
    01-31-12 05:25 PM
    Maybe we should start a pool on how soon after midnight some posts the first "well it's February, where's the 2.0 update?"

I've got 00:00:01.
    I'll join your pool. I'll say... 4.5 hours ago... What do I win?

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-2-0-a-693503/

01-31-12 05:37 PM
    Well put... I still think that the 21st should be the latest... iPad 3 coming out soon... Next Samsung Tab coming out soon... WE NEED OS 2!
    01-31-12 05:41 PM
    I'll join your pool. I'll say... 4.5 hours ago... What do I win?

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-2-0-a-693503/

Well that was a short thread you linked to lol . But I would like to thank Michelle Haag for closing it
    I have been waiting since I preordered the PB and since then picked up the 9930. I'm committed to the pair and look forward to OS 2.0 No hate mail coming from me. I'm too excited at this point to be angry The wait has been horrible, but I have been happy with it all along. Rest is just gravy.
    cntrydncr223 likes this.
    01-31-12 06:18 PM
    That's the exact same thread I mentioned.
    01-31-12 07:48 PM
    Enjoying the waiting.
    01-31-12 09:24 PM
    Enjoyed my PB for 8 hours today away from my office sitting in a waiting room. Did e-mails, modified documents, surfed the web, bought my wife's Valentines gift, checked CB and FB and read a book on Kindle (2.0 beta). Didn't need much else to make an extremely long day go by quicker. Thanks PB! Battery is still at 19 %, not bad.
    rjedge54 and cntrydncr223 like this.
    01-31-12 09:41 PM
    I love you PB.
    cntrydncr223 and rjedge54 like this.
    01-31-12 09:57 PM
    I have been as negative as anyone about the shortcomings of the PB 1.0, but I am not really bothered if the update comes on Feb 1 or 29. Truth is, in its present form it is useless to me as a business tablet, and if that changes I will be the first to sing its praises.

KEEP YOUR PROMISES, RIM! If you do, I will be a fan forever.

If you do not, well, there are lots of tablets in the sea!
    01-31-12 10:21 PM
    I think that's all they have to do. Keep pricing consistent and offer routine updates and you'll be great competition for the rest of the tablets out there.
    01-31-12 10:36 PM
    You got rooted, boy that Dingleberry is more powerful than I thought. What does it give you access too?
    Access to everything, but I don't try. Turned off predictive texting, can load any android apps, and some minor changes.

I'm not savvy enough to go tinkering in the system files. I am savvy enough to know I'd better stay a safe distance away from contents I can't pronounce.

And it wasn't just dingleberry. It was a ton of instructions and figuring and work. For me, anyway.

I basically double dog dared myself just to see if I could.
    01-31-12 11:37 PM
    Access to everything, but I don't try. Turned off predictive texting, can load any android apps, and some minor changes.

I'm not savvy enough to go tinkering in the system files. I am savvy enough to know I'd better stay a safe distance away from contents I can't pronounce.

And it wasn't just dingleberry. It was a ton of instructions and figuring and work. For me, anyway.

I basically double dog dared myself just to see if I could.
    Actually you stated that you got rooted. I was curious about what kind of access did you get and.what more did you learn about yourself.

Seriously though, with all the.positive reports I have seen and being the geek that I am I may have to try rooting my PB before the 2.0 release just to check it out for myself.
    02-01-12 01:57 AM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD