Will this do landscape and protrait?
    10-05-10 08:21 PM
    Yes

--------------
    10-05-10 08:27 PM
    I'd be very shocked if it didn't have an accelerometer.
    10-05-10 09:27 PM
    I'd be very shocked if it didn't have an accelerometer.
    Its hard to say.... it doesnt have GPS or at least from the specs i have seen posted online.
    10-05-10 09:54 PM
    If you watch the video, they rotate the device in a 360� as the screen shifts to meet the orientation. So it does both.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-05-10 10:52 PM
    Its hard to say.... it doesnt have GPS or at least from the specs i have seen posted online.
    Having the capacity for GPS and having an accelerometer are two unrelated things. The accelerometer just senses movement to account for screen orientation and things like that.
    10-06-10 03:35 AM
    If you watch the video, they rotate the device in a 360� as the screen shifts to meet the orientation. So it does both.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Aah, I've watched the video about 10 times...it's shocking I didn't notice it.
    10-06-10 03:42 AM
    maybe cause its so quick -_-
    10-07-10 09:01 AM
    Having the capacity for GPS and having an accelerometer are two unrelated things. The accelerometer just senses movement to account for screen orientation and things like that.
    i wasnt implying that they were related... i am familiar with what a gps does as well as an accelerometer.

i was just making a comment on how if one item was left out there is a possibility that the other was left out according to the specs that we have all seen... and RIMs track record ...

no disrepect meant by my post.
    10-07-10 08:44 PM
    i wasnt implying that they were related... i am familiar with what a gps does as well as an accelerometer.

i was just making a comment on how if one item was left out there is a possibility that the other was left out according to the specs that we have all seen... and RIMs track record ...

no disrepect meant by my post.
    No offense taken. Sorry I misunderstood your post.

I wouldn't be shocked about the omission of GPS for the wifi or even the 3G/4G version, but I think for a touchscreen device like a tablet it'd be a more than just a bit heinous to leave out an accelerometer even for RIM and their track record considering how even simple touch screen phones have one nowadays.
    10-07-10 08:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD