I have never had a browser crash until today,I turned on the pop up blocker and after my browser went to crap. Turned pop blocker off and now browsing is back to normal for me.
    04-10-12 01:29 AM
    cant say i notice a difference with mine enabled or disabled. it crashes when it crashes
    04-10-12 07:24 AM
    Never noticed any difference with or without popup blocker. I have notice since I am now closing the native email app after reading my email that I haven't had a poof of the browser since. Unless of course I go to one of the sites that poof it no matter what.
    04-10-12 07:49 AM
    email seems to take a good chunk of memory so it will limit your browsing capability more so than other apps
    04-10-12 08:53 AM
    Maybe I'm just lucky. I have never had a browser crash till last night when I turned on the pop up blocker. After turning it back off its back to normal for me.
    04-10-12 09:16 AM
    I've had that off since July last year. I have had poofs.
    04-10-12 09:18 AM
    Maybe I'm just lucky. I have never had a browser crash till last night when I turned on the pop up blocker. After turning it back off its back to normal for me.
    It would be interesting to do a little investigation, if you're game.

Were any other programs running at the time or had it been a while since your last re-boot?

After you've done a re-boot, does switching the pop-up blocker on/off cause a (reproducible) crash?

I suspect (based on nothing more than a hunch LOL) that your PB was short on memory and the pop-up blocker grabbing resources was merely the straw that broke PB's back. Especially as other posters above don't see the same effect.

Humour me, please... I'd be interested in the outcome.
    04-10-12 09:42 AM
    I'm one with very few "poofs" and never used the pop up blocker.
    Guess I'll turn it on and see what happens.
    04-10-12 09:46 AM
    I have the pop up blocker on, and I don't see nearly as many poofs as I did prior to OS2 becoming official.

Poof-free over here for the most part!
    04-10-12 10:09 AM
    Mine has been always disabled, but the browser crashes nevertheless.
    04-10-12 10:25 AM
    Hmm my pop up blocker is turned on, but it doesn't seem to do a very good job! As for browser crashes, I do get it from time to time but not frequently enough to annoy me
    06-09-12 09:03 AM
    Maybe i should turn pop up blocker off and see if it work for me
    06-09-12 10:17 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD