I was just at best buy refunding my ipad 2 and the case for it. It had a big lineup so i thought id roam the tablet isle for a few until some of the geese fled. Went to the isle and there must have been 20-25 playbooks stacked up in the locked cabinet, absolutely no one was buying them. No ipad 2s but there was at least 8 or 9 people fiddling around with the ipad 2 demos while not one single person was even giving Mr Playbook any affection. He was just sitting there all lonely, naked in his bareshell with no hands on him.

I finally go to refund my ipad 2 and literally every best buy worker there froze in utter shock like "omgz youre returning an ipad2?" "How dare you!" "this guy is returning an ipad!" "Are you insane?" Haha they didnt say that but going by the looks on their faces im sure they were thinking that. I was like "uhhh ya, i just dont want it...not everyone bends over for ipads" *sigh*
    Last edited by overweightipod; 04-22-11 at 04:52 PM.
    04-22-11 04:49 PM
    People are brainwashed into thinking iPhones/iPads are superior. Do you know how much Apple spends on marketing that crap???? The PlayBook is perfect.
    04-22-11 05:11 PM
    Its a sad state of affairs when a 9.7" iPod Touch is the go to for tablets and people won't even give the PlayBook or Xoom a second glance...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-22-11 05:15 PM
    I was just at best buy refunding my ipad 2 and the case for it. It had a big lineup so i thought id roam the tablet isle for a few until some of the geese fled. Went to the isle and there must have been 20-25 playbooks stacked up in the locked cabinet, absolutely no one was buying them. No ipad 2s but there was at least 8 or 9 people fiddling around with the ipad 2 demos while not one single person was even giving Mr Playbook any affection. He was just sitting there all lonely, naked in his bareshell with no hands on him.

I finally go to refund my ipad 2 and literally every best buy worker there froze in utter shock like "omgz youre returning an ipad2?" "How dare you!" "this guy is returning an ipad!" "Are you insane?" Haha they didnt say that but going by the looks on their faces im sure they were thinking that. I was like "uhhh ya, i just dont want it...not everyone bends over for ipads" *sigh*
    BB employees have plenty of sheeple in their ranks, same as the general population.
    04-22-11 05:16 PM
    Maybe RIM should hire Apple's marketing team.
    Maybe Apple should hire RIM's hardware engineers...just a thought.
    Daniel Ratcliffe likes this.
    04-22-11 05:21 PM
    Before I bought my Playbook I was at Futureshop, and the iPad2 was prominent in the aisle and switched on. The Xoom and Galaxy tab were on a shelf and switched off. Hopefully the PB is not just going to sit on a shelf switched off or worse yet locked in a cabinet.

Hopefully RIM kicks an advertising campaign into gear before the holidays once the product is more polished and they have good answers to the critics (I happen to like it now, but clearly RIM will need to dispel the doubt that harsh reviews create in consumers' minds)
    04-22-11 05:24 PM
    Apple is a FAD,if youy have an steve jobs pod,pad or phone you are considered cool.we aren't in hs anymore.

04-22-11 05:37 PM
    apple is a fad? lmao

the have the best smartphone in the market. the iphone 4 gets fantastic battery life, its good looking and has all the apps anyone would need. Its what every smartphone released is compared to. they did the same thing in the tablet world. I can realize this and i dont like apple products at all.
    BlackStormRising and Machzy like this.
    04-22-11 05:44 PM
    apple is a fad? lmao

the have the best smartphone in the market. the iphone 4 gets fantastic battery life, its good looking and has all the apps anyone would need. Its what every smartphone released is compared to. they did the same thing in the tablet world. I can realize this and i dont like apple products at all.
    popularity doesn't equate with "best". It has a lousy speaker, lousy connectivity (antenna issues), a smallish screen. i could go on....
    04-22-11 05:55 PM
    If RIM can't find a way to sell its "superior" devices to more people than the iPhone 4, then that's an indictment on RIM and its management. Perhaps it's time for a change at the top.
    I wonder how many Chevys are sold for every Rolls Royce?
    asherwiin and bquinney like this.
    04-22-11 06:13 PM
    you think Apple is a marketing genius....How about BOSE speakers...utter crap and overpriced

at Least MACS are nice computers
    04-22-11 06:21 PM
    apple is a fad? lmao

Its a very good phone, I'll give you that, but the best, sorry no. Speaker is poor, no push emails (this surprised me only discovered this the other day). Accidental hanging up on people cause of the touch screen also signal issues, battery life issues. Itunes dependancy. Its nice looking but not for me.

Granted I do not own one, however this is what I have observed and been told by friends and family. They love it which is fine, but the best phone, I disagree.
    04-22-11 06:39 PM
    If RIM can't find a way to sell its "superior" devices to more people than the iPhone 4, then that's an indictment on RIM and its management. Perhaps it's time for a change at the top.
    Well what I find odd and rather surprising is that RIM....a phone company can build a better mobile computer then Apple...

Apple is the largest and considered best computing company on the planet....they have been around for over 30 years and are a consumer computing pioneer.

Now what I find pathetic...is that RIM a phone company can build a better computing device....

Think about that! That's just pathetic on Apple's part!
    04-22-11 06:45 PM
    Its a very good phone, I'll give you that, but the best, sorry no. Speaker is poor, no push emails (this surprised me only discovered this the other day). Accidental hanging up on people cause of the touch screen also signal issues, battery life issues. Itunes dependancy. Its nice looking but not for me.

Granted I do not own one, however this is what I have observed and been told by friends and family. They love it which is fine, but the best phone, I disagree.
    it does have push email actually and the battery for some people rivals that of blackberries
    04-22-11 06:47 PM
    People are brainwashed into thinking iPhones/iPads are superior. Do you know how much Apple spends on marketing that crap???? The PlayBook is perfect.
    The Playbook is perfect? Presumably RIM can immediately halt development.
    04-22-11 06:51 PM
    Apple is a FAD,if youy have an steve jobs pod,pad or phone you are considered cool.we aren't in hs anymore.

it sure is a fad. ipod is the biggest thing since sony released the walkman. it seems since everyone including their dog have an ipod these days, that they want every other product in the apple family. its all for bragging rights. but so many average comsumers are 100% convinced that apple products are by far and away the best products ever made.
    04-22-11 07:00 PM

Now what I find pathetic...is that RIM a phone company can build a better computing device....

Think about that! That's just pathetic on Apple's part!
    The problem is that very few people believe that RIM has built a better "computing device"
    04-22-11 07:00 PM
    Talk about no respect. Went into my local Staples to take a look at the Playbook display, right next to a display Zoom endcap with a powered up Zoom was a Playbook endcap. Only problem was no Playbook device, just a piece of paper that said "The Playbook requires a 30 minute download to become active. Please see a sales associate."
    04-22-11 07:05 PM
    Actually, if RIM is making better products, then that's not pathetic at all. In fact, it's quite an accomplishment. It's too bad they don't have the financials to back it up, but maybe that's what happens when you have two CEOs and three COOs.
    At present they have an abundance of IP....what they currently lack is man power and a more diverse product and service offering

QNX was essentially offered a "blank check" in the means of hiring engineers...in order to broaden and diversify they're offerings as well as have the means to bring products to market faster...

RIM is currently in a position of allignment....in due course they will be a fierce competitor.

Phone company in transition to computing company....at a pace that is very rapid and exciting
    04-22-11 07:06 PM
    Except those two items aren't priced the same.
    My point was ONLY that one is common and simple and the other has better hardware. Guess which one I am saying has better hardware.
    04-22-11 07:09 PM
    The problem is that very few people believe that RIM has built a better "computing device"
    In many regards the general consensus is that the foundation is superior....

Let's face it...It's a new platform launch, straddling an alpha-beta state...

Once the platform matures, and it is reevaluated I'm sure many opinions may change.

In relative terms...comparing new platform launches. All new platform launches leave much to desire..

This is a long term product, with long term reach...It will evolve rapidly...

Many short comings will be in the rear view mirror and but a distant forgotten memory in a very short amount of time
    04-22-11 07:16 PM

You should have Craiglisted that thing for an easy benjamin or two.
    04-22-11 07:17 PM
    Wait, so clear me up on this:

Chevy = iPhone
    RR = RIM phones

Chevy = cheap
    RR = expensive

BUT . . .

iPhone = expensive (~$600)
    RIM phones = cheap (~$400)

so, from this, you're illogically saying

Chevy = cheap = iPhone = expensive
    RR = expensive = RIM phone = cheap

One of these premises is wrong. Seems like one can argue that the iPhone (expensive) is the RR, so should sell a fraction of the units of RIM phones (cheap=chevy). You can't have it both ways.

Remember, Apple just sold almost 19 million $600 phones. RIM sold 15 million $400 phones.

Economy 101
    04-22-11 07:22 PM
    A Subaru STI can beat a Rolls around a dirt track. It all depends on what one is trying to measure and how one is measuring it.
    04-22-11 07:24 PM
    Wait, so clear me up on this:

Chevy = iPhone
    RR = RIM phones

Chevy = cheap
    RR = expensive

BUT . . .

iPhone = expensive (~$600)
    RIM phones = cheap (~$400)

so, from this, you're illogically saying

Chevy = cheap = iPhone = expensive
    RR = expensive = RIM phone = cheap

One of these premises is wrong. Seems like one can argue that the iPhone (expensive) is the RR, so should sell a fraction of the units of RIM phones (cheap=chevy). You can't have it both ways.

Remember, Apple just sold almost 19 million $600 phones. RIM sold 15 million $400 phones.

Economy 101
    dude--see post #28.
    04-22-11 07:35 PM
54 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD