I used to be able to keep my playbook 2.0 on standby with wifi on without charging for 5 days with light use. Since the 2.0.1 update, from a full charge in the morning and on stand by the whole day, my battery is dead by 6 pm. Something is not right. Is anyone experiencing this?
    04-21-12 07:09 PM
    There have been several threads started on this already, so yes, some people are noticing this. I would suggest doing a quick scroll down this page or a search and you should be able to locate them.
    04-21-12 07:19 PM
    I have not experienced any difference on my PB since the update.
    04-21-12 07:22 PM
    There have been several threads started on this already, so yes, some people are noticing this. I would suggest doing a quick scroll down this page or a search and you should be able to locate them.
    Hey! Look at you! LOL
    Chrysalis1156 likes this.
    04-21-12 07:35 PM
    This should be worth atleast 500+ posts and 300 pages...interesting topic that I'm surprised no one has brought up before.
    rotorwrench likes this.
    04-21-12 07:51 PM
    Hey! Look at you! LOL
    ROTFLMAO!!! I know right? Thot of you as I posted this. One for me!
    rotorwrench likes this.
    04-21-12 07:53 PM
    ROTFLMAO!!! I know right? Thot of you as I posted this. One for me!
    Good job!
    Chrysalis1156 likes this.
    04-21-12 07:58 PM
    I haven't noticed any difference in battery drainage since the latest PlayBook update. I would say it's approx the same. I'm running the same apps except I added "wikipedia". NO problems, did OTA update with a HARD RESET when it was completed
    04-21-12 07:59 PM
    Wow thanks for the reply. I didnt expect this community to be this active. I did a search on google but nothing about poor battery life and 2.0.1 update came up. I didnt find it on the main forum index either so i posted. I will do a forum search. Thanks.
    04-21-12 09:16 PM
    Wow thanks for the reply. I didnt expect this community to be this active. I did a search on google but nothing about poor battery life and 2.0.1 update came up. I didnt find it on the main forum index either so i posted. I will do a forum search. Thanks.
    It's much appreciated After a little research and you can't find what you're looking for, THEN post your thread and you'll be pleasantly surprised at how many step forward to help. Good luck!
    Chrysalis1156 and maudoc like this.
    04-21-12 09:25 PM
    Approximately the same. Just make sure wifi is off. If wifi is on, your battery will be drained like no other.
    04-21-12 10:44 PM
    No noticeable change in battery life on my PlayBook after the OS update.
    04-21-12 11:16 PM
    huge difference noticed after the update. I use to be able to leave the PB on standby all day and in the evening it would of only lost a handful of percent of battery life, now its over half gone (or more) come the evening.
    05-02-12 01:12 PM
    I haven't noticed any appreciable difference since the update ... and I leave wifi and BT on while on standby.

I wonder why some are experiencing this and others aren't?
    05-02-12 01:16 PM
    I haven't noticed any appreciable difference since the update ... and I leave wifi and BT on while on standby.

I wonder why some are experiencing this and others aren't?
    I'm sure everyone hasn't configured their PlayBook in the exact same way, chances are some people are still using "manual" within the email settings, which is still not fixed yet.

Bluetooth is actually a bigger drain on battery than WiFi as far as I've noticed. With WiFi on and push email enabled, the battery drain is around the same as it was on OS 1.0.8 and 2.0
    trinipoco likes this.
    05-02-12 02:38 PM
    My battery has been awful since the 2.0 and 2.0.1 updates......10% battery drain for every 20 minutes of web browsing is ridiculous.
    05-02-12 03:37 PM
    I haven't experienced any significant decrease since the update, but having said that, I do need to charge the PB on a daily basis (usually overnight). I like keeping it at 75% or better.
    05-02-12 03:37 PM
    I used to be able to keep my playbook 2.0 on standby with wifi on without charging for 5 days with light use. Since the 2.0.1 update, from a full charge in the morning and on stand by the whole day, my battery is dead by 6 pm. Something is not right. Is anyone experiencing this?
    Do you leave anything in the background?

I noticed the exact same thing, 100% in the morning, dead by night, mostly in standby.

I ended up picking up Battery Guru to find out what's going on, because 2.0.1 also broke the Battery Watch, an Android application from App World which doesn't work at all anymore.

Anyway, I found out the offending application in my case is Splashtop HD. If I leave it in the opening screen (not actually connected to any systems yet), and put PB into standby, it still consumes 0.63w.

It's difficult to tell if this behaviour was there before the OS upgrade, all I can confirm at this point is that my PB never drained battery that fast in standby before, and I had many apps still open.

So, if you don't have any apps open, something is definitely wrong, but if you do, check which one is causing the battery drain using battery guru or something similar.
    05-02-12 03:50 PM
    might be a stupid question but apps open as in if you're looking at your home screen and cant swipe left or right then that means nothing is open correct?
    05-02-12 04:02 PM
    based on your reply I bought battery guru, hoping it will help
    05-02-12 04:04 PM
    Same here. Can't stand it. Tried wiping and re-installing OS 2.0, still same. Other things I tried: leaving off bluetooth/bridge, WiFi, changed screen brightness settings to a lower one, still nothing helps.

Will try wiping again but skip the 2.0 update.
    05-08-12 03:00 PM
    Make sure that if you are using Native email, it is not set to Manual sync. In many cases that leads to excessive battery drain.
    05-08-12 03:55 PM
    Make sure that if you are using Native email, it is not set to Manual sync. In many cases that leads to excessive battery drain.
    How do you know if it's set to manual sync and how can this be turned off? I looked through email preferences and settings/accounts but could not find the toggle control.

I've been traveling with someone who hasn't had to charge their ipad in two days, and is using wifi, watching videos, playing games, literally for hours at a time, and is down to 45% charge. I'm DEFINITELY not getting ipad level of power management with my playbook. I know power management is not a priority right now, but I hope RIM does some fine tuning with it for the next upgrade.
    05-09-12 03:48 PM
    Has anyone figured out why this only happens on some units and not others?
    05-09-12 03:53 PM
    yeah, battery drains quickly, with BT or wifi on. the back of my PB gets warm without any apps open.
    05-09-12 04:00 PM
71 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD