View Poll Results: Will you buy the LTE PlayBook?

Voters
243. You may not vote on this poll
  • Absolutely!

12 4.94%
  • Not interested

73 30.04%
  • Happy with WiFi

109 44.86%
  • Depends on pricing

49 20.16%
    Just curious to see how many are interested now that we've all had the opportunity to own or play with the WiFi models.
    08-02-12 10:52 AM
    I'd be glad to upgrade and keep it on WiFi only/Bridge, like I do now.

I'd only be going for the stronger processor really.

Price will tell...
    08-02-12 10:58 AM
    just the added processor speed is what interests me as well. depends on the price
    08-02-12 11:02 AM
    Is there any official word on battery size?
    08-02-12 12:08 PM
    No thanks.
    Fool me once...well, you know the rest.
    mzceetee and crimson621 like this.
    08-02-12 12:10 PM
    I think the Wi Fi is fine but if it has a lot of upgrades and doesn't lose as much value as my current 64g PlayBook I would buy one. Paid over $700 for my PlayBook and now with the current state of things at my beloved RIM it makes me sick.
    I guess I like abuse so yeah I'll buy one.
    Sgt Mushroom likes this.
    08-02-12 12:18 PM
    would have been awesome if they'd add external storage.

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk 2
    Sgt Mushroom likes this.
    08-02-12 12:19 PM
    I'm happy with bridge and wifi. Plus I'm not currently in the market for one that size. Not to mention, it's above my price point.
    08-02-12 12:48 PM
    Does it have a NFC function?? I find nothing about NFC in the list of spec. of 4G playbook from the website.
    08-02-12 12:55 PM
    Does it have a NFC function?? I find nothing about NFC in the list of spec. of 4G playbook from the website.
    As far as we know, it was supposed to have NFC, yes.
    08-02-12 01:24 PM
    I find it a bit strange that it lists NFC nowhere when I come across the specs for the LTE version of the PB. I know they said it would be included, but why don't they list it?
    08-02-12 01:28 PM
    need to add another choice in the poll...."Heck's YEAH!!!" - wanted the other word, but got censored...

it's the one I wanted to choose, but had to go with the vanilla "absolutely" which is so lackluster and bland......Where's your excitement.....

Last edited by kerry6; 08-02-12 at 01:34 PM.
    08-02-12 01:30 PM
    Nah. I mean, just because something is 4G I am not compelled to buy it, though I have never had a 4G device. But if I did it would be with my phone first, I am not going to be paying for 2 data plans. That is where the PB sold me, the ability to use one data plan on two devices.

Anyway, they really need to hurry up and fix the checkerboard issue when browsing sites, or does HTML 5 fix all that?
    08-02-12 02:32 PM
    I find it a bit strange that it lists NFC nowhere when I come across the specs for the LTE version of the PB. I know they said it would be included, but why don't they list it?
    Because I don't think NFC is supported in OS2.0, and it would be unwise to list a spec that isn't supported in the OS.

IIRC, 2.1 will support NFC. When it gets here.

Since I work for a carrier and get an employee discount, I'll likely fall for it--er, go for it
    08-02-12 02:41 PM
    The 1.5Ghz dual-core processor + NFC + LTE are really tempting... but with reduce battery capacity, 32GB no expandable storage capacity and unpopular ecosystem, I will definitely pass on this one...
    08-02-12 03:12 PM
    As much as I love my PlayBook my next tablet is going to be a Surface. Too entrenched in MS and the Surface looks really good. So my answer is not interested.
    hreiner1 likes this.
    08-02-12 03:26 PM
    I voted no. I don't see the need for a lte playbook bridge works great for my needs. Maybe if there was a netflix app which could take advantage of that high speed data. I just don't see the need for it. I would have put out a 10 inch pb first.
    08-02-12 03:41 PM
    i will stick with my P64 / 9810. works very well. 7.1 hotspot is so good no need for any additional upgrades.

Sent from Blackberry 9810 with Crackberry forum app
    08-02-12 04:12 PM
    Personally right now I don't see a point to upgrade to 4G Playbook. Bridge does the trick for me fully utilizing the phone with the tablet in current configuration.
    08-02-12 04:43 PM
    No. But only because I have a 4G LTE phone with a mobile hotspot feature and a grandfathered unlimited data plan with Verizon. I use my Playbook via the hotspot daily with LTE speeds ranging between 4-10 Mbps (depending on location). As a side note, my Playbook pulls in better tethered data speeds via my phones mobile hotspot than my Ipad 3, my Toshiba Thrive, or my Asus Transformer Pad Infinity TF700.
    08-02-12 04:55 PM
    So basically from this poll so far, over 60% of people on this forum wouldn't buy one. And this is a Blackberry content based forum. I would think those kind of numbers would be concerning to RIM. The users here are the users you'd hope to win over. A huge segment of other users are going to be focused on the apps it can't run because whether it's beaten to death as a topic or not, that's still a big issue to a lot of people.
    08-02-12 05:13 PM
    There is absolutely no need for me to get a 4G Playbook. I use a Sierra Mobile Hotspot Elevate 4G from AT&T. I could use this with any WIFI device that I have with me.
    08-02-12 05:16 PM
    The iPad also has WiFi and 3G versions. I'd expect the 4G PB to sell some, regardless.

Like me for one, I'm just going for the processor boost, I have no intention to pay another data plan.
    08-02-12 09:57 PM
    Why would you buy a radio version of such an incomplete device. Until email app meets minimum requirements (no 30 days and out, access to subfolders), it can't be considered a portable computer like an ipad.
    08-02-12 10:21 PM
    I actually think more non-bb users will buy the 4g playbook than people like us. It's a standalone device that no longer needs bridge. It has native email and awesome web surfing and games, so why not?
    beavertail2 likes this.
    08-02-12 10:37 PM
55 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD