View Poll Results: I know a real, live person that owns a PB

Voters
219. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, someone in the flesh

95 43.38%
  • No, only cyber pals

124 56.62%
    The video chat would have prompted me to buy one for the wife if I could have gotten that Staples deal. I know of no one else that has a PB, that needs to change quick.
    09-12-11 01:23 PM
    OK, be honest here.
    Who has actual, real-live friends or acquaintances that own a PlayBook?
    Not internet pals, forum friends, etc. But an actual person that you know and interact with, at least occasionally, live and without computers, cell phones, etc.
    Reason for my question is that I do not know a single person that owns a PB, thereby making the video chat useless.
    awattwell likes this.
    09-12-11 05:06 PM
    I voted No but I don't know anyone personally that has any tablets. 2 or 3 have the itouch.
    09-12-11 05:15 PM
    The only people I have any knowledge of are the ones who post on CB. That should be another vote selection--Only people from CB.

I know of no one who is in my circle of friends that owns one.
    09-12-11 05:16 PM
    I dont know anyone who even has a tablet, i think an extra few options would make it a more worthy poll
    09-12-11 05:22 PM
    I found out last week that a friend I met through work has one...although I don't know him well enough that I'd video chat with him.
    09-12-11 07:51 PM
    I found out last week that a friend I met through work has one...although I don't know him well enough that I'd video chat with him.
    That counts as a real person.
    09-12-11 08:09 PM
    I know plenty who have the iPad, which left me unimpressed, and I saw how much a new iPad user had to go through just to begin tot use it . . . whereas with the PlayBook after the tutorial video I was effectively working and swiping and playing and swiping . . .
    09-12-11 08:16 PM
    my friend has one he recieved like 5 from rim a few days before they were released.. he loved it until the speakers mysteriously cut out and be went back to ipad 2.. he has a short attention span when it comes to technology.. with that said most people go to ipad because of skype and games i think that will change with android player... but i like being the underdog in the room cause i get the attention.. because people want to know what it is im using and i get to show it off....
    09-12-11 08:18 PM
    My brother-in-law has one, that makes it ideal for me to communicate with him and my sister who live in Edmonton (whereas I am in Seattle); however BBM/WhatsApp/Google Voice already handle 99% of my communication with them on the go.

I only know one person in town, who is a pretty good friend, who has bought one. I don't know anyone who isn't crackberry addicted that has validated my purchase of the playbook.
    09-12-11 08:28 PM
    Almost everyone I know doesn't even have a tablet period... They just aren't "necessary" by any stretch of the imagination.

Think I know 1 person with an ipad and a couple people with a galaxy tab (and they got it for free from the Google conference).
    09-12-11 08:30 PM
    Two other people at work on my floor have a PlayBook. A number of others have iPads.
    09-12-11 08:36 PM
    Only one - my girlfriend. I bought it for her, but I think it still counts as she actually wanted one.

For comparison, I have one friend with an iPad and my dad has a Touchpad (bought 2 and gave him one).
    09-12-11 08:38 PM
    No one with a Playbook. 4 people with iPads. And no one with an Android tablet.
    09-12-11 08:39 PM
    6 iPads. 1 Xoom. 0 PlayBooks. However my wife's new PB should be here this week so that will change to 1 PlayBook.
    stevedee likes this.
    09-12-11 08:52 PM
    Well, according to the above comments, I'm not the only one in Seattle with a pb. But I'm the only one I know.
    09-12-11 09:05 PM
    Wait, there are people outside our CB fantasy world who have Playbooks? I'm speechless!... I love my APPLEss Playbook.
    09-12-11 09:12 PM
    I have 2 friends with Playbooks, but they both work at RIM, so I don't know if they count. And then my Dad, who spent an hour playing with my Playbook, then went out that night and bought his own (actually, he works at RIM too). So at least I have 3 people I videochat with on a semi-regular basis.
    09-12-11 09:52 PM
    i know one ipad, and one touchpad(which was only purchased due to the 99$ firesale). most of my friends say they are to broke to buy a tablet or they just dont need one. but they still seem to be able to shell out the money for a new iphone every year...strange. playbook FTW
    09-12-11 09:54 PM
    1 of my friends bought one when he came back to the States (was visiting from Japan) -
    09-12-11 10:00 PM
    Here in nyc I'm the only person I know that has a PB. Most of my friends/people I work with have ipads. I have still not seen one outside of my apartment or in a store....
    09-12-11 10:03 PM
    I do not know anyone w/ a PB.

I know three with iPad 2's and one with a Xoom. That's about it.
    09-12-11 10:04 PM
    I have and two of five brothers have. I have as I purchased to review for work, I am an IT manager. One brother is in the fed government in Ottawa, he was provided one to test and review for staffers. My second brother owns a small construction company, he bought after the two of us showing off ours in Augest. He loves it as well.
    09-12-11 10:19 PM
    I know 2 but they both work for RIM
    09-12-11 10:43 PM
    I recomended playbook to my friend, he bought it and he's somehow regretting it, he is planning on selling it and buy iPad 2
    Well well well

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-12-11 11:39 PM
58 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD