View Poll Results: When will we see the next PlayBook Software update ?

Voters
112. You may not vote on this poll
  • Tuesday May 24th

15 13.39%
  • Friday May 27th

10 8.93%
  • Tuesday May 31st

21 18.75%
  • Sometime in June

66 58.93%
    1. Tuesday May 24th
    2. Friday May 27th
    3. Tuesday May 31st
    4. Future Date
    05-23-11 09:37 PM
    Future date. Buy forward options now. September is the date.
    05-23-11 09:38 PM
    Tuesday Tuesday Tuesday!! Wait, the question was when do I THINK it'll come... I'mma go glass-half-empty on this one and say August, that way I don't get my hopes up too much.
    05-23-11 09:42 PM
    If its this week it wont be close to weekend since, well, rim people need holiday for families etc. But it cant be early week because everybody just back from long holiday. So find out which week without long weekend/holidays in it, then we may find hope.
    05-23-11 09:45 PM
    I don't mind when it comes actually because I'd rather enjoy it than constantly updating it

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-23-11 09:46 PM
    June 14th, 2011 @ 01:05
    05-23-11 09:56 PM
    I think we'll see it right after they push it live. In other words, "When it's Done".

Unfortunately the poll doesn't have that option so I didn't enter an answer.
    05-23-11 09:59 PM
    The Canadians just are returning from a three day weekend.
    It will take the RIM guys a few more weeks to recover b4 they release the next upgrade.
    05-23-11 09:59 PM
    If its this week it wont be close to weekend since, well, rim people need holiday for families etc. But it cant be early week because everybody just back from long holiday. So find out which week without long weekend/holidays in it, then we may find hope.
    Pretty sure that, with everything going on at RIM - and the pressure - they've had some people working on stuff long weekend and all!
    05-23-11 10:05 PM
    Pretty sure that, with everything going on at RIM - and the pressure - they've had some people working on stuff long weekend and all!
    What would they do in an empty office without bosses trolling around?
    05-23-11 10:09 PM
    What would they do in an empty office without bosses trolling around?
    Pretty sure there would be some supervisors on duty - RIM is a huge company
    05-23-11 10:29 PM
    I believe the next update will include the native PIM apps. So the update will come sometime around June 20th.
    05-23-11 10:29 PM
    I believe the next update will include the native PIM apps. So the update will come sometime around June 20th.
    Nice to see some optimism, but I reckon there will be an update between now and then.....and 'then' will be later than June 20th.
    05-23-11 10:32 PM
    I am being optimistic that there will be another update over the next couple of weeks. But I am totally happy with my PB and what I can do with it now....just waiting patiently for things that are on my wish-list.
    05-23-11 10:47 PM
    I'm going to predict June 21, 2011, it appears that RIM has finally realized that the PlayBook was released "WAY AHEAD" of completion, and mlnor updates would not be enough to accomplish whats needed to stay competitive in the tablet market. The next update has to be a major update and well "tested",.....that takes TIME!!!
    Last edited by spencerdl; 05-23-11 at 11:23 PM.
    05-23-11 11:17 PM
    Hopefully this week. Im guessing there has been lots of testing over the weekend anf hoping it went well.

Off topic though, whats with the jets avatars? I heard something about getting a team back in Winnipeg, but not sure the details. I was born and raised there so I think it would be nice to gets the jets back.
    Last edited by SmakBerry; 05-23-11 at 11:26 PM.
    05-23-11 11:23 PM
    A week of two before the UK release date (19 Jun)
    05-24-11 12:05 AM

Off topic though, whats with the jets avatars? I heard something about getting a team back in Winnipeg, but not sure the details. I was born and raised there so I think it would be nice to gets the jets back.
    Your Flames originally came from Atlanta. Rumor has it that we are getting their Thrashers. While Calgary retained the Flames name we want the Jets.
    05-24-11 12:33 AM
    Your Flames originally came from Atlanta. Rumor has it that we are getting their Thrashers. While Calgary retained the Flames name we want the Jets.
    Right and we'll find out today whether they're coming or not and I hope to god they do!

05-24-11 01:44 AM
    I think it will come just before the UK launch. It is all ready to go now, but they are going to make us wait, so that when we do finally get the updates, we will be so happy that we will all stop the complaining, for a week or two.
    Last edited by Schlymer; 05-24-11 at 02:16 AM.
    05-24-11 02:13 AM
    Actually, the answer is pretty simple.
    As Kevin has stated in other post regarding next update, we will get it as soon it's already posted here on CB!
    Now keep that browser open on the front page of CB and hit refresh every hour.

05-24-11 04:26 AM
    I believe the next major update would be released in June to coincide with the worldwide release of the PlayBook...probably on the release date itself so the newbies would have something great to unpack!
    05-24-11 04:49 AM
    i don't care when it comes but i would rather get some info from rim. patch note patch notes patch notes, thats the last part of my wow addiction still hanging on. but all i really want is the update to be considerable in size and to make a difference in the playbook that we can see. you know something that we can be happy we got.
    05-24-11 05:25 AM
    I'm going to predict June 21, 2011, it appears that RIM has finally realized that the PlayBook was released "WAY AHEAD" of completion, and mlnor updates would not be enough to accomplish whats needed to stay competitive in the tablet market. The next update has to be a major update and well "tested",.....that takes TIME!!!
    True maybe.......but I am sure they have been working this in their pipeline long before the release.
    05-24-11 06:07 AM
    I don't think it will coincide with UK release. I think maybe a week or two AFTER the release. Thinking maybe an update right at launch might bring more headaches than they want to deal with.

I look for late June, early July.

That being said, I wouldn't be surprised at a little "patchy" type of update to fix a few bugs, and then a major one late June early July.
    05-24-11 06:18 AM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD