85 89.47%
  • 10"

8 8.42%
  • Greater than 10"

2 2.11%
09-20-12 12:13 PM
34 12
tools
    Where ever i go . the pb goes with me .. perfect size..
    09-20-12 12:01 AM
    Neither.

The 8.9 is by far the best of both worlds.
    Viktor_Volkov likes this.
    09-20-12 12:58 AM
    The 7" devices are the best for carrying around. It's not totally about the screen size but more about the actual device size. Without the bezel the PlayBook could actually have a 9" screen. Even Samsung has a 7.7" screen in just about the same form factor. I hope RIM reduces the bezel in the next design and increase the screen size as much as they can.
    Like you, I believe the form factor of the PB is ideal. Less bezel and more screen size would make it even more ideal.
    masqueofhastur likes this.
    09-20-12 08:29 AM
    I'd have to reply with a big "dunno".

I've recently bought a PlayBook and have a 10" android tab. There's things I like about both form factors, so it's really a "depends" from me - sometimes it's nice having a smaller form factor tab like the PlayBook in certain situations, sometimes I'm happy with my larger android tab.

Is "both" a fair answer?
    09-20-12 09:23 AM
    I'd have to reply with a big "dunno".

I've recently bought a PlayBook and have a 10" android tab. There's things I like about both form factors, so it's really a "depends" from me - sometimes it's nice having a smaller form factor tab like the PlayBook in certain situations, sometimes I'm happy with my larger android tab.

Is "both" a fair answer?
    If you have to choose one of your tabs. Which one will you prefer ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    09-20-12 09:28 AM
    If you have to choose one of your tabs. Which one will you prefer ?
    Right now, that would probably be my android tab, but not because of it's form factor, per se.

I have reasonably modest wants / needs from a tablet - got local video support (by local, I mean video files on the tablet), good support for TV catchup sites (so things like iPlayer, 4OD and ITV player in the UK), latest-ish version of Kindle app (so I can sync the books I read between all my Kindle devices (currently just Android tab, and Kindle 3 / keyboard - but would like to expand that to the playbook).

And fluent and fast web performance for light web browsing / usage. I may like to do other things from time-to-time, but that's about it, really. Don't really want or need some extravagant smorgasbord of apps available - just some good options for the key features I want.

So far:-

android tab wins for me for:-

Local video playback (use MX player, and the bookmark / last played position is pretty useful to me) - whilst the video playback app on the PlayBook is perfectly fine in all other respects - it doesn't do the bookmark / save position thing
    Kindle (because it's a later / est version, and will sync bookmarks even for non-Amazon books, with my Kindle 3 / keyboard - the version currently available for the PlayBook doesn't have sync of non-Amazon books in, from memory
    TV catch-up (just slightly, though) because it has apps for things like iPlayer and ITV player, rather than just using the websites in a browser

PlayBook wins for me for:-

Browsing - just seems more slick and competent and less prone to slowdown on some webpages, compared with my android tab
    Interface and usability - I've come to love the multi-tasking and slick and easy way the user interface works, and how easily tasks can be closed (slightly reminiscent of WebOS to me)

For me, they kind of break even on form factor. One thing I like about the PlayBook, is that currently no apps I run are ad supported, so don't have that slightly grating aspect of a little ad on the top or bottom of the screen, if a video is paused.

I find the PlayBook very slick and easy to use, although I generally prefer some of the apps (say gmail - although the version my android tab runs is quite lowly, it still running android 2.2 / froyo) on my android tab, I'm using my PlayBook more and more for email and light browsing, mainly because it's pretty slick at that, even if I don't quite like the email app quite as much.

Thing I see in the PlayBook, is potential (given eventual OS releases) and it being very good for the money.

On going, I still hope and expect to use the different form factors at different times or for different reasons. When I got my PlayBook, I was concerned it would see my 10" android tab relegated to a dusty corner - that's not going to happen, yet, but by the same token, the current limitations in the PlayBook, aren't huge irritations for me either.
    09-20-12 09:51 AM
    love the 7inch PB over the 7 inche 10.1 Android I had, and the Ipad. Was skeptical about the size of the PB before I bought it & got into it, now just feels natural & the perfect size screen. Plus the clarity is just ace which adds another layer. I personally feel the screen is very well sized and excellently built!
    09-20-12 10:51 AM
    Voted 7" but guessed 7" will sweep the poll on a PlayBook forum.
    09-20-12 10:59 AM
    I wonder how many inches the playbook is including the bezel

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk 2
    09-20-12 12:13 PM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD